Happpy Birthday to Elisa

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by mimimurch4, Sep 19, 2007.

1. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Wanted you to have a birthday cake and candle to blow out on your birthday. HAVE A VERY SPECICAL BIRTHDAY!!

I know I posted this on other thread, but wanted to give you a special Birthday Greeting. So glad God lead me to get on this board and your post today.

I know today can be a tough day for you, but just know that we are praying for you and your family and for your safety.

Love in Christ,
    Mimi
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Oh Mimi!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

This is the best birthday gift of all. I have been praying to God today feeling really sad and all alone and he answered my prayers with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is working through you today. When I saw your post I couldn't belive my eyes - it is just the most wonderful and thoughtful surprise.

You are truely working for God - I knew it as soon as I saw it...wow.

You have made God so real to me today and I was feeling so far away. I just can't express how much this means to me.

You have helped me build my faith and I am grateful to you.

Thank you so much for your special birthday greeting - I am overwhelmed and so so grateful!!!

God Bless you,

Elisabeth
  3. Elisa

Elisa Member

So happy!!!!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday...as you so deserve - your kindness has made a difference in my life.

Blessings,
    Elisabeth
  4. Elisa

Elisa Member

I am going to print your message and put it in my bible to always remember that God is really watching us and He does care when we are so sad and He does work through people like you, Mimi...I don't ever want to forget this.

I was all alone all day and really broken up over it - so so sad. And it mattered - to God and he sent me you. Thank you God,

Elisabeth
  5. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Dear Elisa,
    You don't know this, but God worked two miracles at one time. I have been feeling so worthless and of no use since I have had to miss so much church from being sick and in too much pain from my RA and other illnesses. I have really been down about it lately. It was just the strangest thing late yest., God led me to the Worship Board, I've only gone there 1 other time and that was when I wrote on your thread. I went in there and was led to read your post again and I read all of the responses and I learned that your birthday was coming soon. I looked to see if you had it in your profile, and was shocked, I said to myself, it's today, her birthday is today. Someone needs to tell her Happy Birthday. So I wrote in that first thread. Then I thought to myself and was lead to give you a formal Happy Birthday wish. I was so touched by your story. It just breaks my heart.

This morning when I checked the board and read your posts I cried. Your words meant so much to me. I am a Christian and Love God and just because I can't go to church every Sun. doesn't mean that I can't do things for him. Our most important thing to remember is to be open to that little small voice that tells us to do something.
    That voice was very strong to me at that point, more than ever before and it was for a reason. You will always be speciaal to me also for what you did for me. Please keep me informed as to your situation with your sister and that whole situation. I am truly interested and will be praying for you daily.

Your health is important and the more stress you are under, the worse it will be. I know this for a fact.
    Please do not get yourself in any situation that you would be alone with this guy. He is bad news and I believe that your sister is a victim also. Just continue to pray for her and that she will come to her senses and be ready for when she comes to you, because I believe she will some day.

Remember, Elisa, you are very special to God and He loves you very much. Just as I needed to be reminded of that today. We might not can do some big special ministry, but when God tells us to pray for someone or to write them a note and mail it or call them, we need to do it. He has a reason for everything. Yesterday's miracles proved that to me and I have been a Christian for many years.

Hugs from your sister in Christ,
    Mimi
    M
  6. Elisa

Elisa Member

Dearest Mimi, my friend...

The joy of reading your e-mail. I cried and cried. The realization that God did something so wonderful for me and YOU was overwhelming to me. It was and is pure joy.

Mimi it is so amazing what God has done for us. I wish I could tell the world - I can hope they experience His love the way we have!!!!

It seems as if God is calling you to minister to others here on this board. You have a gift - expressed in the comforting that your words provide. It's true that God can find and use us anywhere - even when we least expect it.

I am so joyful for you and me - this is such a wonderful experience and reminder of God's presence in our lives - at ALL times.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I think about you throughout my day. You must be very special to God - as He has much to teach me. I know you are special to me!

Your sister in Christ,
    Elisabeth
    [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2007]
  7. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Dearest Elisa,
    How are your doing today? How is the siuation with your sister and family and her boyfriend going? I hope you have not had to confront him again. Please let me know how everything is going, OK?

I will be praying for you again today. Did your family do anything special with you for your birthday?

Sorry, I ask a lot of questions!!!! Just very interested in your situation.

Remember that God knows everything that is going on and has a plan. I am also praying for your sister and your mother. They need to have a change of heart. I think your sister is being abused also and she needs to come to that realization. You keep praying for them also and then when she, your sister is ready, you will be ready to talk with her. But you do not and should not take any more verbal or physical abuse from her boyfriend. OK?

Will talk to you later, friend in Christ,
    Mimi
  8. Elisa

Elisa Member

Dearest Mimi!

You are so kind to take an interest in my problems. God knows I really need some help and advice.

I spent my birthday totally alone - no family, no cake. It was the hardest and saddest day I have spent in a very long time.

I tried very hard, as you know, to let my parents know that I just did not feel comfortable or safe with my sister and her boyfriend. They are both holding firm in their communications with my parents that they both think it was okay that my sister boyfriend verbally and physically abused me on my Mother's b-day. My Father has spoken with my sister and told her she is wrong. My Mother also believes my sisters boyfriend was wrong BUT does not blame my sister for her words or actions in anyway. In other words, it was okay for her to say it was okay I got hurt.

"'When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up'.....Psalm 27:10KJV.

It is a sad and confusing situation, as my Mother acts and has always allowed me to be hurt by my sister - as if I somehow deserve it. No one knows why she does this - but it is very sad.

I struggle daily with my Mom's view - she calls me by phone and insists that I am wrong not wanting to be together with my sister. I explain to her my values and have given my Dad scripture to review. Both my parents really just want peace at any cost to me unfortunately.

I have thought recently of moving away - as I made my home near my parents. I always felt home was near our family - at least for me. But I do not feel loved anymore - except by my Dad. And he is suffering too - for supporting me.

I have been sick for over 11 yrs and was unable to marry or have a family. So I am very lonely and heartbroken over it. So I guess my parents and sister are all that I have and I needed them in my life. But I have come to find that I am not valued - and it is painful to be treated poorly and to know you truly aren't loved.

It is hard for me to understand - because I have always tried to please all my family members.

Anyway, I will tell you more in the next day or so - because I try not to upset myself too much.

I am so grateful that you pray for me. It touches me so much and gives me hope. I will pray for you too and if there are special areas you'd like me to pray about - just let me know.

Thank you for helping me with my faith - I need to hear that God has a plan. I am not in the right place yet to pray for my sister but will continue to try to get there. I am still stunned by her behavior and her feeling for me. I guess I never really knew that she felt the way she does. But there have been many signs - I guess it was more than I could bear. After my Mother birthday I was in bed for 4 days - I was so devastated by what happened. I couldn't eat or drink - I was in shock - truly.

God bless you Mimi - that I can talk to you...

Your friend in Christ,
    Elisabeth
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2007]
  9. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I have been in much prayer and thought over your message to me last night. I definitely am not a counselor and from what all you are telling me it sounds like that some and maybe all of your family members might to be in some counseling sessions, first apart, and then sessions as a family together. It is so easy for family members to get at each other for some itty bitty reason and it just eat and eat away at someone until it just blows up. I don't have a clue as to your entire situation. But I do know that God does and He does care about you. You said no one loved you and that is not true. God loves you very much and made you for a very special purpose.

Here are just some of my thoughts, remembering I am just your friend who cares about you and what goes on in your life, but that you do not have to take anything I say and go with it. You are your own person.

Would your father consider coming to your house and talking with you alone? Telling him calmly how you feel and how you have always felt? Or would that cause him too much trouble with your Mom. Maybe you need to talk to your Mom this way. If you can't talk with your sister, maybe you could write her a letter telling her how you feel. I am just grasping at suggestions. Reason being, is that I firmly believe that God made families and I believe that he wants them to be there for each other. Doesn't always happen that way. Does not happen that way most of the time. But if we have done all we can to try to make it work, then if it doesn't, we should feel free with ourselves. Am I making any sense? I know what I want to say, but not sure it is coming out here right.

The Scripture says that we are to love our neighbor as ourselves. If we are to love our neighbors, who are in some cases total strangers, how much more should we love our family members.

I have four children ranging from 19-30 yrs and 4 grandkids. Me, being the mother, wants everything to go perfect with everybody all the time. GUESS WHAT I HAVE LEARNED THIS PAST YEAR: IT DOESN'T !!!!!!!!!
    I went to counseling for a year and had to realize that I couldn't have the perfect family all the time. They were not going to do as I would have them to do every single minute. And I have Good Kids!! I had to also learn to set up boundaries in my life and that helped me the most.
    I love my grandchildren more than anything, they are my heritage, but my oldest daughter was taking severe advantage of me and babysitting. If I wasn't sick at the time, I would not have minded at all. I wasn't sick at that time with RA, had not been dx yet. I was desparately sick with depression. Could not get out of bed. And she would still call me to sit for her knowing the condition I was in. Through counseling, I was finally able to confront her in a calm manner and let her know that I had to have time to get myself well. I could not be there for her right then for awhile.

Elisa, Life is not always fair and is not always perfect.
    All I know, that I know, that I know is that God is creator of all and is in charge of All. He has a plan for each and every one of us no matter what our health condition or mental condition or whatever is going on with our families. As long as we are in prayer daily and in His Word and seeking His will for our lives, then that's all we can do and He will provide for us.

I am pretty much healed now of my depression. I still take my meds because it also helps in some of the pain with my RA, but I have desire to get out of bed, Can't always because of the RA !!!!! But I want to. I want to do things I used to do like sewing, quilting, counted crossstitch, etc. I love making things for people. Love to give gifts that I have made.

When I started this, I prayed and just let God write. I don't have all the answers to your families problems. I just know that families do have problems all the time. Some get over them and some don't. I just personally believe, based on the scriptures, that you need to make every possible move to make things right with them. It might take years, not days. But during all this time, don't be hard on yourself. These probs are not your fault.
    One more thing: Is your mother , father and sister Christians? Just wondering.

But one thing shoud be put forth without any hesitation and that is that you are not to take any more abuse of any kind from your sister's boyfriend.

If I have overstepped my bounds, please let me know and it won't hurt my feelings. I have just poured out my heart to you to let you know that you are not alone with probs.
    You are not alone because you have God on your side and with Him on your side, how can you LOSE?

Lots of Love in Christ to you,
    Mimi
  10. Elisa

Elisa Member

First, I apologize for placing waaaaay too much on you to answer. But you did an absolutely wonderful and caring job responding with all of your heart. Thank you for your kindness!

I think writing it down helps me understand what I am dealing with and helps with the pain.

As you know, I am feeling very sad because of my problems and I probably lean too heavy on everyone - maybe you too. So sorry if I have.

I guess I am so worried and heartbroken from what has occurred over many years with me and my family.

I am a Christian and so is my Dad - I am not sure about my Mother and sister. They say they believe in God - that is all I know.

We have tried all counseling (individually and as a family) and haven't had much help. My Mom is very rigid and not very interested in the family any more. My Dad tries very hard and is open to most things. My sister is uninvolved and really uncaring regarding family matters. Otherwise I know very little about her life.

I am very sensitive and I think I am depressed. I just feel like I have been trying to walk up hill on ice for so long. Of course being chronically ill is hard for anyone. I know you know with your RA - that pain just amplifies troubles.

My Dad and I try to keep the family together - but we may have to stop trying so hard. I think we all have had such large loses that we hold on too tight. I know that's true for me.

You really are so dear, Mimi. You have had troubles and I so appreciate your view and thoughts about God and his plan for us.

Anyway - all for now...I am so tired tonight. I always try to get so much done on Sundays - to prepare for the week ahead.

I will put my worries in God's hands tonight and thank him for your caring and kindness. It is nice to know that there are people out there, maybe not many, but that have big and loving heart like yours...

Oh, I wanted you to know, I have a yellow Labrador retriever named Brinkley. She is a happy girl and keeps me company. I named her after Huntley and Brinkley from years ago. I spoil her like a child - but that's okay because she is so wonderful to me.

Thank you again for being you! I am going to re-read your message and think about what you have said. You have a lot of wisdom and I am thankful for all your imput. I have also learned that you are very brave and have perserved through some very hard times.

Your friend in Christ,
    Elisabeth

[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2007]
  11. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

I am so glad that you have Brinkley to keep you company and to love. Dogs are great companions. My 19 yr old daughter who still lives at home and is going to college and working part time has a 1 yr. old Boxer named Maya. She got her when she was 8 weeks old and has slept with her ever since she got her. She is so funny. Every time I try to kiss my daughter if she is lyingon the couch, Maya wil come up and get in my face and kiss Hannah as well, she is jealous of me with her!!!!!

I hope I didn't scare you with that long message, Elisa. I just had so much on my mind and it just kept coming. I know you know all of that your self. Sometimes you just need someone to talk to, so if I can be that person, I will be happy to. I just want you to be safe from sister's boyfriend and not take that behavior anymore.

Do you work outside your home? You mentioned getting everything done on Sunday for the week. If you do, I know that is hard with your illnesses.

Well, need to get to sleep tonight.

Your sister in Christ and friend!
    Mimi
    Mimi
  12. Elisa

Elisa Member

Just a quick "Hi" to let you know that I am thinking about you...

I've had a lot on my plate this week and last - had doctor appts, work (what I can do from home) and an echocardiogram. I have another appt tommorrow and hope I have good news (trying to be postive)!

I've had a low grade fever for about three months - it's draining and I really need to know why I have it - on top of everything else.

Anyway, you're an inspiration to me. I hope all is well with you!

Your friend in Christ,

Elisabeth
  13. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for your update. I was wondering what was going on in your life. I pray that all your tests will come out OK.

In fact, I need your prayers this time. I had a brain MRI done on Tues AM and some of the contrast leaked from the IV into the muscle surrounding the vein and made very large swollen know and area around my elbow, fron side where they put IV. Has been very uncomfortable. Had to keep heat on it and then I had to get flu and pneumonia shots after that. I came home and just cried. I felt so bad. Feel as though I am going into RA flare and I don't need this right now. Would appreciate your prayers.
    Thank you so much for writing me back.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Mimi
  14. Elisa

Elisa Member

Dear Mimi,

How terrible that happened to you - I will pray right away and ask for God's comfort and healing of your arm.

I hope your MRI comes out okay as well...

Please rest and try to give the RA flare a good fight - so it won't cause such great pain. Although, I do know with flares there's not much we can do.

Maybe curl up with a favorite book or TV program - whatever gives you comfort and that may help your arm heal too.

Hang in there,

Elisabeth

15. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Dear Elisa,
    Thank you so much for praying for me yesterday. I could feel your prayers. My arm is slightly better. Still small lump but very sore to touch and hurts when I close up arm.

I am trying to fight off RA flare. Have new joints hurting that have not been hurting, but I am still resting and trying not to have any stress right now and to just recover. Hubby is off for 3 days for Church Men's Retreat so it is just my 19 yr old daughter and me for these 3 days. I will get lots of rest.

Again, thank you so much for remembering me in your prayers. I ask that you continue to pray for me to not go into a full flare. I will also pray for you.
    Thank you friend,
    Mimi