HAPPY 2006!! Anyone Staying At Home With Me??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Dec 31, 2005.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Here's to all of you wonderful people and for a much better year for each of us!

I know this has been a very difficult year for many, aside from dealing with these darn DD's. May 2006 bring healing and peace.

I am getting ready to pop a bottle of the 'Bubbly'.. would you like to share some with me? I have the glasses chilling. Or maybe bottled water, soda, wine, or a hot cup of coffee or tea? I have them all.

You might want to bring some good munchies to share. I am serving hot artichoke and cheese dip with torn french bread. Hmmmm, I will have to check the pantry to see what else!

Here's to all of us and our loved ones. We are brave and as Gloria Gaynor sings.. "I/We WILL SURVIVE, I/WE WILL SURVIVE!!

Come make yourself at home. My home is your home...

Here's to us ALL!!!!

Love,

Kim

2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

What a loving message and fun too. Hope you have a better 2006 and may the Earth get more Peace.

I was just thinking about people all over the world who also have our DD and no help at all, people in war torn counries, people in poor nations-even though it is bad to worse a lot of days for us here, we have our shelter and food, and computers so we can chat this way. How lonely it must be for some.

I am feeling good as my leg pain really diminished a great deal tonight. One of my cats had the last of his remaining six teeth removed and the minute he got home, headed straight for the food dish, bless him-if only we could tolerate pain that well!

Happy 2006
    Love Cromwell
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

for making us feel like us "sickies" are creating as normal a night as possible.

As for us (hubby/me), we're having some Chardonnay, tylenol, salad wraps w/peanut sauce & humorous videos.

I'm so glad I do my big time partying in my early years, so I can't complain about not being able to do it anymore.

Besides, we've developed such fine tastes in food, etc. that we prefer to hang around home........no noise......no bright lights.........no sick people.........and no food w/chemicals in them.

New lifestyle; leaders of the new age.

LIGHT************carole
  4. jillian44

jillian44 New Member

OK I WILL GET OUT THE MOVIES AND CHAMPAYNE AND HOW ABOUT GETTING IN THE JACUZZI FOR NEW YEARS SOAK. THAT WOULD REALLY HELP ARE PAIN. WE CAN JUST SIT AROUND AND LAUGH. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  5. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

That sounds wonderful !

Hmm I will bring lots of whipped cream to top our hot chocolate for after the bubbly and some microwaveable heating pads ( my favourite!) and a couple of soft comfy throws..

How about some pizza? Good old comfort food :D

May 2006 bring you health, wealth and happiness.
    gently hugs everyone.. now lets party!!!

6. whoachief

whoachief New Member

Will be putting the 4 little ones (2,3,6 & 6) to bed within the hour. They usually go to bed about 8:30 - I'm letting them stay up to celebrate! LOL 15 year old has 2 friends spending the night, 20 year old is out with her boyfriend & 23 year old got her own apartment this week. Having a tough day - backache really bad today. Supposed to go for xrays but the place was closed today so I guess I'll do that Tuesday at the earliest. I made some salsa for nachos & bought 4 wine coolers but I'm sure I won't drink any of them since it's likely I'll need pain meds to sleep. Hope 2006 is a good year for all!!! God Bless.
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m staying home too with my husband and one son. The 15 year old is out at his friends house. We had some yummy mac and cheese, some vegetables with ranch dip. We`re also having some chocolate fondoe with cake, marshmellows and fruit. I`ll share with you, it is delicious.

Its pretty nice staying home with great people like all of you to chat with. Happy 2006!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/31/2005]
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Keep on bringing that food! My resolution is to lose major weight! Looks like that will wait until tomorrow!

Love the comfy pillows, warmers, movies, etc., that you all have brought! Isn't this fun? I am truly, truly enjoying this.

Can I get you some ice while I am up????

Kim
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

the four of us (me, hubby and 2 daughters) went out to a friend's house earlier where we were treated to homemade pizza and chinese food, brownies and cake. Due to snowy weather conditions we came home early (wouldn't have stayed late any way).

So now I am free to party with my favorite FM and CFS friends, and I'll bring the shrimp cocktail!

Happy New Year to All,
    Michelle
  10. kch64

kch64 New Member

I've got some home made Christmas cookies and fudge and that champagne sounds good to me too.

I can't drink much, but I'll toast to all of us on the board for a GREAT NEW YEAR!
  11. Remnant

Remnant New Member

Happy New Year to all of you!

Here's to hoping 2006 brings us all improved health and happiness!
  12. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I'll be staying home also. My children, hubby and I will be bringing in the new year together. We've been playing board games and eating munchies. I really don't believe I'd have it any other way either! I have a girlfriend that is my same age (34) and she left her kids and she is out on the town. My husband and I will share a toast of bubbly, but other than that we're gonna have a blast with our children. So, Kim I'd love to do karoke with you and sing our survival song together!

Wishing you ALL a happy, safe, healthy, prosperous New year!
    Angela
  13. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Happy New Year and love to all of you! Marie
  14. sdown

sdown New Member

Hi everyone and a very Happy New Year to you all! Im home with my husband and my 11 year old son. We finished a good game of scrabble. Yesterday we played Balderdash. Lots of fun. Sounds like we have alot of amazing food happening. I'll bring some chocolates, blueberry pie and yams with maple syrup! Its fun to plan a party, eh! Oops it slipped Im a Canadian eh! It will be New Year's here in Alberta in 1 1/2 hrs. Yahoo!
  15. JLH

JLH New Member

My rockin' chair has cooled down now ... and I am ready to party!!!!!

I also have to leave a note for hubby and tell him I'm off to a party!!!!

I'm leaving the ole' guy to fend for himself in the morning, cause I'm won't be in any shape to fix breakfast or lunch for him when I get home!

This party is a sleepover, isn't it?!!! Nothing better than getting a room full of Chatty Cathies together--regardless of our ages! Never met a woman who didn't like to talk and perhaps gossip a little!!!! If we run out of stuff to talk about, we can always talk about cute doctors!!!! (Duh! Did I say that .... in a room full of women who probably hate their doctor???? Dumb me!!)

I'm making a pile on my couch. I've got my sleeping bag, couple comfy pillows, jammies, my suitcase full of meds, and my cane.

I'll pick up a few more pizzas on the way. I'll also throw a case of bottled water in the care for those who can't drink anything like me ..... those stupid heart drugs and other meds really mess up my fun!!

Throw out the old junk in your freezer, too, because I am bring a tons of ice cream!!!!!!!!!! My favorite!! I'll bring the type in those round containers and a bunch of spoons so we all can have our own carton and eat away!!

If you all need anything else before I get there, give me a ring on my cell phone!!

See you all in a few!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  16. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you to all of you! Way too much food, but what the heck! Those resolutions start today!

I am sorry I fell asleep at 11:00 p.m.! Too much excitement for me! Maybe it was the champagne with the strawberries Patti brought?! Coupled with all of the delicous food!

As I have said, what a wonderful way to spend the New Years! Being with people we truly care for and enjoy! We are a fortunate group!!

Thank you for everything you brought (lol) and for joining us. Being with each other in SPIRIT, is so very important.

We will have to clebrate next year also!

Warmest wishes for a New Year of Hope and Health...

Hugs,

Kim
  17. JLH

JLH New Member

Yes, we need to have another get-together next year.

I had the best time!! You were the perfect hostess!!

Everyone's food was great, too!

Thanks for opening your home to all of us!!!!

Much love,
    Janet
  18. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Yes, lets do it again next year. Kim you are lots of fun and like someone else said, your the perfect host. I`ll bet you have thrown some great parties in your life.

I`m still not off the goodies today. What the heck, its New Year`s day. I am going to improve my lifestyle this year by exercizing and eating as much healthy stuff as I can stand.

Sandy
  19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for your kind words! I really enjoyed myself, thanks to all of you!

Janet, we will do this again, this year! I use to love throwing parties! So you were right Sandy! We use to have the best parties around! Thanks!

Everyone, mark your calendars for this year! Others will envy us when they hear how TRULY fun we are!

Much love,

Kim

[This Message was Edited on 01/02/2006]