Happy 4th of July

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by michael514, Jul 2, 2008.

1. michael514

michael514 New Member

Happy Holiday everybody,
    Doctors orders are to have some watermelon, homemade ice cream, and lots of fireworks!! Its not independence day until somebody blows up a finger!!!lol

Michael D. McIrvin BS, DC, IPS
    clinic director/doctor of Chiropractic
    Pain Relief Center
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Nice to see such an upbeat post, a reminder that even if we can't do all the things we used to do (even if we hardly can do ANY of them) we can always find a way to commemorate special days in some way. But I hope nobody loses a finger, though!!

On Sunday, I enter the hospital for a bone marrow transplant, but you better believe I am going to spend the 4th with my family and close friends, eat barbecued chicken and potato salad, and watch some fireworks from a distance. I think it's important to remember that as sick as we are, we can always find a reason to celebrate life and special moments---even if it's indoors (with a little indoor picnic with your cats and dogs), it can be a "moment"....

Happy 4th!

3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I plan on floating, blogging, and resting!

HURTIN New Member

Happy Holiday Michael and Company. (smile) I love your positive spirit. I'm going to follow your humorous flow with a few Independence Day jokes. Enjoy

What happened as a result of the Stamp Act?
    The Americans licked the British!

Why did Paul Revere ride his horse from Boston to Lexington?
    Because the horse was too heavy to carry!

Why did the British cross the Atlantic?
    To get to the other tide!

What would you get if you crossed a patriot with a small curly-haired dog?
    Yankee Poodle!

Did you hear the one about the Liberty Bell?
    Yeah, it cracked me up!

What would you get if you crossed George Washington with cattle feed?
    The Fodder of Our Country!

What's red, white, blue, and almost as ugly as a dog?
    A revolutionary warthog!

5. ironspine

ironspine New Member

Yeah!!! Happy 4th to all! I'm going to a park dance in our small town (beer!) with my husband and kids, tomorrow we'll watch fireworks, Sat. we're having a bon-fire with close friends (more beer!)
    May you all enjoy as much as possible!