Happy Birthday to the Body of Christ

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dash, May 30, 2004.

1. dash

dash New Member

Today is Pentecost, the birthday of the Church. We had a tremendous service this morning. The message was brief, but the rest of time was spent in praise and worship, prayer and ministry.

I think a lot about Jesus promise to His disciples before He ascended that He would send a Comforter, a Counselor-the Holy Spirit.

Ten days after Jesus returned to his Father in Heaven, that promised was fufilled. The power of the Holy Spirit swept over those disciples on this day over 2000 years ago, sending them out of hiding into the streets of Jerusalem where they began to fufill the Great Commission.

I think for believers who have chronic illnesses, or stressful trials in their lives, this is an excellent time to think about the ministry of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

He is our Counselor, who teaches us wisdom and truth and gives us discernement. When we are in pain, or undergoing trials, He is our Comforter and our strength. He has been faithful to the Church over the centuries and is still faithful to us today.

The Holy Spirit keeps kindled in our hearts the hope of Christ' return.

So, I ask for each of us the blessings and gifts that are our birthright through Him.

Maranatha Lord Jesus
    Della

2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Amen Della.

Danny