Happy Happy News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dononagin, Mar 19, 2007.

1. dononagin

dononagin New Member

For those that have been around the board for awhile, you have heard me talk about my little Grandaughter with CP ~

Maddy walked today!! No walker.. No holding hands... no nada!!

She is 4 1/2 and we didn't know if it was even going to be able to walk... We were excited when she started useing a walker!! But to walk completly unaided is such a miracle!!

I'm so excited!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2007]
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

With her cerebral palsy, I'm sure this is nothing short of a miracle! Thanks for sharing your great news!
  3. sunrisegirl

sunrisegirl New Member

It is surely a day to celebrate!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Happy to hear it.

5. victoria

victoria New Member

and I'm so happy for all of you!

6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am happy for her and your whole family. What a wonderful gift! Kim :)
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i can't wait to hear how she is running in the olympics! anything is possible.

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I always think that miracles like this are the true balance to life.

What a blessing...

Nancy B
  9. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I bet Helen is beside herself with joy! This is the best news EVER, no holding Maddy back now, look out world here she comes..... XOXO
  10. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

That is such a wonderful miracle. I am so glad to hear it. Best wishes to all of you.

God bless; Pam
  11. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I called my daughter last night and she is just ecstatic!
    The therapist had just measured Maddy for a wheelchair last week! And now this!!!

My daughter was laughing and crying at the same time. She was like Mom!! I can buy my baby a Easter dress!!

She has never had a dress since she was a baby because she drags her legs around with her upper body and tears up her legs.

She didn't just take a step or two. She is a WALKER!!! She was walking from room to room last night and just giggling she was so happy!

She was actually standing un-aided with her tippy cup.. a first!

My daughter said she thinks she is going to have a fairly normal gait.. she isn't dragging a leg or anything.

We think the miracle is a 22 year old horse named Bo-Bo..
    Maddy started horseback therapy about a month ago. The horses help teach them upper body balance and strengthen thier core. Something clicked..

Something clicked.... Helen is trying to reach Maddys neurologist to share the news. They had a party last night at my daughters, all of her therapists and some of the other parents in her support group all came to see her walk.

I truly feel like we won the lottery. Thank you God for Miracles!!!

X0X to all!!
  12. sisland

sisland New Member

Dononagin! God Bless you All!,,,,,,,, I have Heard wonderous things Happening with Horse Back Therapy! My Cousin Carla Has a Boy with down syndrome,,,,,,,,,,,,,And they took Him to HBT And now He's Doing alot Better!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He Loves The Horses and is Talking alot more and is alot more socialized due to this!,,,,,,,,,,,It's so Wonderful to Hear about your Grandaughter Walking!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,S
  13. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

What a blessing for your entire family!
  14. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Thats fantastic news about Maddy.Can tell from your post's how thrilled you all are.I'm so pleased for you & all your family,

LEFTYGG Member

i was feeling so sorry for myself then i read this and felt so happy for you im sitting here crying thinking of the joy you feel. its wonderful love gail
  16. Callum

Callum New Member

Such great news! Madisyn is destined for greater things with a "can do" attitude like hers. I bet she learned it from her Grandmother!

17. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is so wonderful indeed. We have had foster kids with CP and they always amazed me with their determination and willingness.

God Bless. love Annie Cromwell
  18. dononagin

dononagin New Member

We are just absolutly elated!
  19. LindaH

LindaH New Member

I can't express how happy I am for all of you. It is just awesome news.

20. sues1

sues1 New Member

I can not think of better news than that, Remarkable. I would of been thrilled with a couple of steps but to start walking and go all over! WOW.

I have tears of joy in my eyes......Hugs and BLESSINGS
    and I know that you and yours are blessed!