Happy Holiday Everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mtinash, Dec 22, 2008.

1. mtinash

mtinash New Member

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone and safe and happy holiday season. Even though it was very hard I decorated for the holiday and had a open house last weekend for members of my suicide support group, friends and extended family. What a wonderful time we had for a brief moment in time. It made not having my precious Josh here this Christmas a little bit easier that day. Still working with the local community on suicide support and prevention. My friends joke with me and tell me that I have taken up this cause like a rapid dog going after meat. My though is that if I can save just one person from traveling the road Josh took or the rollercoaster my life is currently on then my time is being well spent.

I know that with the cold weather and the added stress of the holidays many of you are feeling worse pain, which in turn makes you depressed. Please remember that tomorrow will be a better day and hopefully one day in the very near future the medical community will come up with a solution for this terrible disabling condition.

I think about you all often and wish there was someway your pain could be taken away. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Much Luv,
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks for such a thoughful message.

Josh will always be in our memories.

You are doing wonderful work and that needs to be acknowledged.

Take care.
  3. tut90

tut90 Member

I just read your post, did a search through your older post and read Josh's poem. It's beautiful! I was diagnosed with FM about four months ago and already have had thoughts of suicide due to the pain.

I've have been lucky that my GP suspected FM pretty fast and sent me to a rheumatologist. So far, they are both not afraid to prescribe the medication needed to help me sleep and deal with the pain I experience. But at times the depression is a bit too much, I have to talk with my GP about this and ask for some type of medication to help me out, I'm just too afraid to start taking this type of medication. I also have diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis and bursitis, so I have to be careful on what medication to take, so it would not interfere with my other medications.

Continue with your support group, I'm sure you are helping out so many people in pain and at the same time helping yourself.

Wishing you a blessed holiday season.

4. mtinash

mtinash New Member

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I saw for a year and half what my precious husband went through and my heart breaks for you. Josh had a good Rheumatologist, unfortunately his pain management doctor was another question. In a year and a half going to this man he never once took a blood test, which would have shown that his body was metabalising the medication 10 faster than normal.

If you are having feelings of depression and thoughts of suicide, I beg you to please talk with your doctors. I know first hand the pain you are experiencing but the pain if you completed suicide, is not explainable the pain that is left on your loved ones. I think the hardest thing to handle with a suicide is the fact that Josh was not taken away under "normal" (by God)conditions, he chose to leave and it is hard for the human brain and heart to accept that fact. Even though I am fortunate enough to know why Josh completed suicide, it does not make it any easier to accept. Most of the world thinks that people who complete suicide were suffering from mental illness and I continue to scream as loud as I can that its not just mental illness that physical illness and pain can cause temporary mental distress, which unfortunately can have the same end result

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE talk with your doctors about the depression. Even with your other conditions, there should still be some type of medication to help you. Don't be afraid to scream out for help.

Please let me know how you are doing. I don't get on this board as much as I use to but each and everyone of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Merry Christmas

5. tut90

tut90 Member

Thank you for your concern, I will call my doctor to see what he could work out for me. I have a very loving family, my husband, two daughters and five granddaughters. Josh was going through such terrible pain and when you are experiencing that pain it feels like it's never going to end and in his case the medications were not even working. I have read horror stories here about some doctors seeming not to care about their patients. My GP is a very understanding doctor.

I promise, I will call him up.

Thanks again,