HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE SINGLE MOMS!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, Dec 3, 2005.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

we're a very special group and we deserve all the kudos we can get!!!!!

i wish all of you happy holidays! it's lightly snowing here in massachusetts and it's just beautiful. very cold but so pretty.

do something nice for yourselves today. i know, that's after you do for your family! but give yourselves a lot of credit today and know how many of us are out here being single mothers and coping with fibromyalgia/cfs. this is a sisterhood of sorts, to be sure!

HAVE A VERY SPECIAL DAY TODAY.
  2. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Thank you, kimfibro :). And happy holidays to you too.

The sun is glistening off a light cover of snow this morning. Truly breathtaking :).
  3. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

you know, although the cold and high heat/humidity can cause us terrible flares, there is still something so interspective and peaceful about snow falling.

it made me think about how hard at times we do have it. keeping the household {mostly} intact, the endless lists both mental and on paper we carry, the attention to details of everyday life we tend to, the quiet suffering we do, jobs we have to go to.

love of family and friends carry us; whether gently like today's snow here or protect us from the more severe weathered days. it's there and much appreciated.

i see it like this: there IS a sisterhood in fibromyalgia among the single mothers here. a connection very strong, very understood making it unique.

i was fumbling thru the cellar this morning, going thru boxes of christmas things. don't have the tree yet but i put up the wreaths, a few larger decorative things around the house. then my son said something that STOPPED ME IN MY TRACKS: he said, "mom, no offense. PLEASE no offense but you really ARE busy 90% of the time."

well, my heart just sank. this was quite a while after i posted my holiday greetings to the single moms working through fibromyalgia and cfs, to treat ourselves today. my heart then broke and i secretly had a good cry. i thought i was doing good! putting up christmas things while the snow gently fell outside and he decided to use playstation for while. but the utmost bottom line is family time. as corny as it sounds, quality family time.

so that is the treat i gave myself today: heard my son's words and planned a cozy, long day with him. he wants to watch the patriots play today and so do i always! and that is what i'll do. the decorations can wait. it's only the 4th.

the treat i gave myself today was STOPPING....

hope you can relate to the above in some way.

4. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

I'm wishing you all a wonderful holiday season as well! Today my daughter and I are going to decorate for Christmas and maybe do some baking. I feel so blessed to have my "little angel" and even though it's not always easy, I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything. Big hugs to all of you single moms and everything that you deal with on a day to day basis.
  5. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

baking cookies....sounds wonderful. we went to visit a couple across the street who have a 5 month old bichon. we stayed there quite a while.

am waiting for the Patriot's football game to start now so i can watch it with my son! :)

it stopped snowing here, about 4 or so inches in all and it's coated everything. the cold hasn't gotten the best of me for today which is a wonderful relief!!!!
  6. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

kimfibro -- My son is four and an only child. Being a stay-at-home mom, I can give him 1-2 hours of play a day, but it's never enough for him because he doesn't have a sibling to play with. When he begs me to play -- and I'm busy doing housework or cleaning -- it breaks my heart to say no. So I know where you're coming from :)!

On Saturday, I completely had forgotten about Friday. I thought Saturday was Friday, so we got up, got around, ate breakfast, then later ate our lunch. After that, we walked to my son's bus stop.

There were a few inches of fresh snow on the ground, so we played and played.... for over twenty minutes.... Until I suddenly realized it was noon (start time of school) -- and the bus hadn't arrived yet. Walked back the house, found out it was Saturday -- and BOOM -- I was completely lost. I hadn't made plans for Saturday yet, but it wasn't Friday, so I couldn't run to the bank, pay bills, etc. It was too late.

So I declared an unofficial SNOW DAY :)! We played some more in the snow, went in for hot cocoa, and played the afternoon away. It was great being freed from the stress of the ~schedule.~

I hope you find more "unofficial" snow days in your future! Not to be missed -- the laughter of a child. Happy holidays :)!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2005]