Happy New Year Everyone!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Jan 1, 2013.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Wishing you all the Happiest & Healthiest 2013! Remember, no matter how you feel or what might be happening at any particular moment, things can (and often do) improve, and you are a vital, valuable person. Thanks to everyone here for all you do to make this message board a special place!

Warmly,

Erika
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

A very Happy New Year to you and yours. Haven't seen from you in awhile but I think you hang out more on the medical boards (FM, CFS)boards , is that correct?

Hope all is well and that you are feeling as OK as expected. I know you are an old timer that joined close to when I joined PH, if I remember correctly. I have to check when I joined. I have to check my profile to make sure :)!!! I just checked and found that I joined a little after you did. Not sure of the month you did.

Hope you are warm and cozy as so many of us are in the cold zones, even in some parts of CA it has been cold say Georgia. Down south where I live it has been cold too. I am ready for some warmer weather about now . My body just can't take it due to my FM.

Glad to see you and hope all is well.

You are so right that these boards are a VERY SPECIAL place.
    Fondly,
    Granni

[This Message was Edited on 01/01/2013]
  3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Thank you for your kind and WARM message. :) Hope your New Year is getting off to a great start!!

Yes, I think we joined the board around the same time. I don't get the opportunity to post as much as I'd like for health reasons (the computer is not my best friend sometimes ;))---3 things actually: the computer screen is too bright, even at the lowest setting, which is very tough for my eyes; sitting too long can make me more tired, and finally, typing too much sets off my carpal tunnel syndrome. Funny how these things go. I miss people here though and sometimes I really want to check in and see how everyone is doing or ask a question, so I do.

Yes, it's cold in Texas (for once;)), but for me, it's still better than the 90s plus weather we get for much of the year. The severe heat can be very tiring, so I'm kind of the opposite in that regard. I do hope the weather moderates soon so that your joints get a break! I understand it affects many people that way. I have Raynauds, so my hands/feet need a break too.

So great to hear from you, Granni! Feel good and hope that warm weather reaches you very soon!

Warm wishes,

Erika
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I'm laughing about you saying that the comcputer is always not your friend. Let me tell you that it is is not always mine either so don't feel bad. I love it for many reasons . However, sometimes it just does its own thing and drives me crazy. The only reason I don't throw it out the window or something is that I need it for many reasons including getting to talk to my friends on PH. Believe me that it is one of many reasons I love it but it surely can drive me crazy !!! Don't get me started on computers :)!!! Losing things on it can really drive me crazy !!

Hope 2013 will send you lots of wonderful things your way, and mine too.

Blessings and gentle and warm hugs your way,
    Granni
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Happy New Year to you too and to all our online family here. Despite feeling crappy, I always count my blessings and feel blessed and not wanting even though things could be better. I pray for better things for us all.

Love, Mikie
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Although I surely could feel better every day I still also feel very blessed and happy that things are not a lot worse.

Yes, I too pray for us all to feel better and a better world for us all. Hope to check back later on.

Hugs to you and all,
    Granni
  7. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Great to hear from both of you. Granni, yes, computers are like rebellious teenagers sometimes aren't they? ;) Praying for all of us on on our message board complete healing & A Happy New Year.

Love,

Erika
  8. jole

jole Member

As always, I'm late...lol, but do wish you the very best for the year ahead! So good to see you here, and wish it were possible for you to join us more often. I do understand the screen glare and how it bothers you. For me, having a light on above the computer seems to help...strange, I know.

Stay well (riiighttt) and have a great year!

Hugs...Jole
  9. raavn111

raavn111 New Member

Sry for the late wish but i wish very happy new year to you ahead

It is time to make new resolutions with confidence
    And leave our old failures of past behind
    It is time to make a fresh start for a new beginning
    for a new success for our future
    This is my messages and my wishes for you
    On this New Year Day
    Happy New Year To you
  10. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Thanks for your great messages! Jole, you are not late at all. March is perhaps getting a tad late. ;) Raavn111, what a wonderful poem! I enjoyed it very much. Wishing you both a very Happy/Healthy 2013!

Hugs,

Erika
  11. freida

freida Active Member

Loved that initial message here, from you , Erika.
    :)

And nice to see you,
    and my same warm wishes , for all of you,
    hoping for something unexpected and positive for each of you, in the year ahead.

Leah Freida

P.S. I have been wondering and repeatedly forgotten to ask,
    GRANNI,
    did your computer ever get fixed so you could use your email box, and send to the lists you do?
    (I hope so!)
  12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Freida, et al !

Just a note I wanted to let you know that about a week or so ago, I got the computer to finally send. The senders called and said that the problem was probably fixed but I might need to change some settings on my computer. So, we went through the what I had done before but changed a few settings.

I was so happy when it got done. I feel so lost not being able to send e-mails plus DH and I both have lists for groups that we need to send out to monthly at least. Glad it got fixed before I had to do all that sending.

Diane and Mikie - Hope you both are feeling better with whatever flu you have. Please get better and rest as much as possible. You both know the whole routine :)!!!

Rock - I am worrying aboaut you my friend. Pop in when you can.

Hi to everyone else to I didn't get to mention. Have to get off here for awhile again and DH is on his way home.

Love,
    Granni