Happy New Year...I started the year off bad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Starla, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Starla

Starla New Member

What a bad beginning to the New Year I had. I woke up during the night with terrible pain in my back. By morning my entire back and neck was as stiff as rigamortis. I couldn't move! Got out the dear heating pad, pain killers and stayed in the bed until 4:00 pm. I had such plans and the day was beautiful. What a waste. With this DD, you just can't plan your days. Anytime a friend ask "What are you doing tomorrow?" I have to say "I don't know, depends on how I wake up. I'll have to call you". I get so disgusted that I don't get much done. My mind just goes and goes making all kinds of plans on getting tasks accomplished, but my body just won't cooperate with the brain. Do you experience the same frustration? I'm sure you probably do. Back feels better, but the neck is still so stiff, making my head hurt. Hoping for better days. Every one take the best of care, and may we all have a better year!
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Sure sorry to hear you are feeling so badly .Maybe by the time you read this you'll be feeling a lot better .I know what you mean about feeling so bad when you say you need to see how you are in the morning .I'd like to know who invented the heating Pad I'd probably kiss them"LOL". I go to bed with mine every night.I've also had 2 back surgeries,So I know some what how your feeling.The friends that count will be there for you and the ones that won't just don't count.I was married for a long time ,but my X said he wanted to have something when he got old and that did'nt include a sick wife.Needless to say he married a much younger woman right after our devorce.Wonder how long that was going on "JERK" thats what he was.Ihave raised Grandchildren and I know how much work it is and I can't help but admire you for what you are doing with all that your going through yourself.Hang in there girl. Stay positive,things will get better.Sometimes I think things happen to us so we slow down.Seems like we are alway adjusting to one thing or another.Well I did'nt mean to rattle on ./just wanted you to know that someone was thinking of you and wishing you well .God Bless . Danisue
  3. Starla

Starla New Member

for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear you had to have such a bad experience with the ex. How sorry of him. I'll bet you took care of him when he needed you. My hubby is trying so hard to take care of me, but I can see the frustration. I messed up the checkbook today, never done that before (I was a bookkeeper many years). But my dyslexia that has hit me along with fibrofog has played havoc with me. I think I will have to stop using the debit card, because I forget to log the debits!! I got duplicate checks, so I don't forget where I wrote a check. But that darn card, which is nice to use for getting gas in the car, is causing me some probs. I hope my hubby's patience holds out! Take care and laugh at yourself, it helps.
  4. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi Starla, So glad to hear from you. I hope today is a little better for you. I would'nt put to much into your check book thing. I guess I can say that with tongue in cheek since I have no one to answer to if I mess up.But boy if I was still married I can hear it now."LOL"I'm not to sure about the Dyslexia thing either .I've never been a bookkeeper but if were'nt for the copy that my check book gives me I'd never know where any of my money was at "LOL" And I certainly know about those debit cards. I don't use mine very often but I sure have messed up enough times because I've used them and forgotten.
    As for my ex ,He thought I was faking it. I never have figured that one out he went to the Doctor enough times with me. I think it just gave him the excuse he needed to justify what he was doing all along.It's been almost 9 yr's now and I guess at frist I was a mess but not anymore .I'm still here kicking a screaming with the best of them"LOL".I'm pretty well on my way of recovery now.Don't think I'll ever get married again though.
    I'm going to say goodnight .I babysit for my grand babies and I just got home at midnight.It's kind of hard but they keep me busy and my mind off myself so it has it's goodside.Mornings are the worse for me .Sometimes I ask God what he woke me up another day for .But thats only the 1st hour or 2 and then things start to get better.I don't have to clean or any thing like that and the youngest one is 3 yr's old if I get to tired or if I'm in to much pain the older ones help for awhile. I really like it .I love kids so I have alot of fun with them even though at time's it's pretty bad..Well by now I'll write again .God Bless Danisue.

[ advertisement ]