Happy New Year Pacific Northwest!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cerise, Dec 31, 2005.

1. cerise

cerise New Member

To all of you still in 2005 in Oregon & Washington, wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!

Linda - PWCFS & FMS
    Eugene, OR
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

It's been 2006 here for almost an hour now!!!!!

Happy New Year to all of my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much love,
    Janet
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

We still have 1 hour and 10 minutes to go! Hopefully it will be worth the wait and we will have a WONDERFUL 2006!

Happy New Year (when it gets here!)!!!
  4. cerise

cerise New Member

I made it to midnight and past -- WOW!

I'm so glad 2005 is over! Wishing everyone the best for 2006, health, happiness and peace!

And I hope we don't wash away, rain predicted for the next 6 days!!!!

Guess that just leaves Hawaii about now!
  5. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Greetings! And hello from Seattle, Washington.

I couldn't make it to midnight, but I woke up early to find my family, who did stay up, had written notes to wish me well in the coming year. It doesn't get any better than that-what a wonderful way to start the New Year!

I've move my office to my home and am resolved to rest and heal/or, at least, adjust to all this with some grace and style. (No more raging in the night over fate, etc).....

Please write me back and wish me well.

Ever,
    Ana
    [This Message was Edited on 01/01/2006]
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Happy New Year from another Washingtonian! Wishing you health and happiness! Terri
  7. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

How do you plan to work with CFS this year? I'm open to any guidance/thoughts on how to do it.

Ana
  8. zerped

zerped New Member

The best of years in '06 to all, especially Linda in Eugene and the WA folks. Remember; we had less rain and more sun Jan.-May than L.A. last year? Whoo-hoo! Thanks to the global warming that doesn't exist, we're replacing the Douglas firs with palm trees and saugaro(sp?)cactus.

Seriously though, I know that the incidence of MS in OR & WA is something like 5 times the national average. Anyone know if we also lead the U.S. in CFIDS/FMS? We're already #1 in meth labs, let's go for this one too!
  9. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Linda and all PNWesterners....Happy 2006 from Tri-Cities, WA! I'll keep up the prayers for a better 2006 for all of us.
    B
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It's not me with CFS, it's my 18 yr. old son. I'm just always on here getting ideas and sharing the little I know. He had his amalgams replaced this fall (mercury poisoning) and has just been dx'ed with mild Addison's disease. So he is starting a course of Cortef (20 mg. daily) which is pretty low, and so far it seems to be giving him more energy. He's due to start college this week...I'm praying he'll be able to stay in this time. He catches any little bug that goes around. Also, I understand Cortef can make you more susceptible to catching viruses...so we'll see how it goes. His doc has him on lots of supplements and he's been tested for food allergies. I've kind of let the diet slip over the holidays, but will do better (no sugar ) now that school is starting up again. Let me know how you are doing! Terri
  11. cerise

cerise New Member

Well, here it is the 4th and I'm just getting back online -- too much celebration for me (ha-ha)on the 31st. It's my birthday the day before so I'm pretty wiped out for the beginning of the year.

So glad to hear from everyone.

What I plan to do this year is to rally the troops for May 12th this year, International Awareness Day for CFIDS/ME and FMS and other invisible diseases. I hope I have the energy to do it. Last year, I pooped out too early. I would like to see Eugene, Portland, and other cities declare May 12th National Awareness Day and that can only be accomplished through everyone's help in contacting their local, state and federal elected officials.

Heck, if they can declare days National Pie Day or Ice Cream Day, they sure as heck can do the same for us!!!

Now, I forgot, but I saw someone from Portland wrote in. We have a really strong support group here in Oregon off this board where we just communicate more in depth about coping with this illness, information, etc. Those that can meet in the Portland area about once a month.

Hope all you have a healthy and more normal year in 2006!

Linda
  12. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Hi Everyone,

Alaska-you sound like a great mother...hang in there. Sugar only makes me worse, too.

I'd be interested in a Northwest CFS Awareness Day. How could we organize this? I just moved my office to my home and had the house 'wired' for wireless internet.

Ana in Seattle
  13. zerped

zerped New Member

...I'm the one from Portland you were probably thinking of. I'd love to get involved in any/all chats/monthly sessions you folks have going on. Let me know, please (if you start a new topic on this, I'll find it more easily). Thanks!
  14. cerise

cerise New Member

I would LOVE to see a Northwest Awareness Day. Tom Hennessey is the founder and his organizations name is RESCIND. Check out www.geocities.com/capitolhill/4277

Unfortunately, Tom is VERY ill and hasn't been able to update it, but there's good information.

RESCIND stands for Repeal Existing Sterotypes about Chronic Immunoligical and Neurological Diseases.

I don't have the energy right now to think or explain anything, hope you can understand! I'm having severe brain fog this week! But I will be back on the board with more info when I have some to share, in the meantime, use your computer and research for getting proclamations. Canada has been the best source so far. Last year the entire country recognized May 12th.

Tom picked May 12th as that is Florence Nightingale's birthday by the way.

Linda

P.S. Thanks for your support, it's important and good motivation for me!

15. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Dear Linda,

Thanks for the contact information about RESCIND. I'll follow through and contact Tom Hennessey about a possible NW Awareness Day. I'll write more tomorrow. Today (actually tonight) is rough...the fatigue from moving my office to my home is kicking in/up/down and I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo tired right now. So, I'm going to lay down and do some more work on my book=horizontal research. Ho! Ho!

Ana
  16. cerise

cerise New Member

Don't wear yourself out too much, although it's easy to do!
    Tom is pretty much retired from the whole advocacy scene because he is so sick these days. But between his sight and some of the Canadian support group sites, there's a ton of info about Awareness Day.

I also had some posts about it around May 12th last year. I believe there were 3 states that had statewide proclamations issued. My memory is terrible, but I think New Jersey was one. You might do a search here on the board for that info.

I am in touch with Tom when he is feeling well enough to e-mail which is less and less these days (poor guy). He still feels very deeply about the cause, he just isn't physically able to do anything due to this DD.

Rest up and we will be in touch some more in the weeks and months to follow. So glad to have some one on board with this campaign. I think if we start early enough and take it slow, 2006 is the year we can pull it off!

Peace! Linda

To reach the Oregon support group just send your name and e-mail address to Cookstove at PO Box 58, Culver, OR 97734. Glenda (cookstove) will e-mail you back with info about the group.[This Message was Edited on 01/07/2006]