HAPPY SOLSTICE!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by renae1979, Dec 20, 2005.

1. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I just wanted to wish everyone a very wonderful winter solstice (Dec. 21st) and I wish you nothing but good fortune as we look towards spring!!

~ Jodie Renae
    [This Message was Edited on 12/21/2005]
  2. Megumi

Megumi New Member

It is indeed a time to celebrate the coming of more sun and light into our world!!!!
  3. Musica

Musica New Member

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah for longer days!!!
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Happy winter solstice to all the Wiccans here & to everyone else who celebrates it!
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

thanks for the "reminder"!!

LIGHT*************carole
  6. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

The winter solstice is celebrated by many different cultures. In ancient times, it was one of the largest celebrations! Cultures that still celebrate the winter solstice include native americans, celts, wiccans/pagans, atheist/agnostic, some cultures in Pakistan, Iran and Tibet, etc.

It is a time to feast, celebrate the coming of spring, to reflect on death and re-birth, nature, etc.

AND - it means the days will start getting longer!!! I hate it when it is dark when I go to work and dark when I leave work. That can be really depressing!
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

I love this time of year. Sort of sleepy but sparkling with anticipation of the holidays and the new year.

This Solstice heralds a whole new lifestyle for me!

Wishing good health, joy, and peace to all.

Peace,
    Beth.
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

because after this I can watch the clock literally and see the difference every evening!

Oh Happy, Happy, spring is on it's way!

All the best,
    Victoria
  9. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

My friend in the UK sent pictures of the celebration at Stonehen?d?ge ? .. sorry the spelling may be wrong .. sigh .. the breaking sun was awesome .. and anyone who is a gardener is getting excited .. sad but true .. I know, because I'm ONE ! haha
    Enjoy longer days of sunlight !
    Fudge : )
  10. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Greetings from Australia as I pick my first tomatoes and zuccinis. 37 degrees here tomorrow as people prepare for the Christmas feast..They were still selling the traditional puddings in the street this a.m.and many people will be doing the big roast dinner. I might make an ice cream plum pudding.
    Salutations from a hot light place
  11. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

and to everyone else on this board celebrating the Solstice (Winter or Summer, depending on hemisphere)

Blessings

Sam
    [This Message was Edited on 12/22/2005]
  12. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

Thanks to everyone who replied with great wishes!!