Happy Thanksgiving, All

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Nov 17, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

As we are leaving early tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving week with my mom and other family, I wanted to wish each one a happy Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for this board and for each of you who is so supportive and fun! It is nice to have a group who understands the limitations of FM/CSF to chat with each day.

Thank you, each one.

Hope you get the drumstick if you like it or a big slab of white breast meat...I'll take the drumstick. Like the dark meat better.

And don't forget to dry the wishbone...my wish is for a better year for all in the pain area.

Take care! Hugs,

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I hope you enjoy your trip! And thank you for taking the time to read my posts and chat, I appreciate you also! We will be driving down to San Diego, (less than an hour) to spend time w/my husband's family, and I am looking forward to it. So, you are a drumstick person. I used to be when I was a kid, but only white meat for me now. I don't know why that changed? Lol!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of our wonderful board members! Hugs, Kim :)
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

we have much to be thankful for, despite these DDs...

As there's only 3 of us this year, I'm thinking of having a very non-traditional feast: making a small filet beef roast, some asparagus and mashed potatoes, and instead of pies, tarts of pumpkin and mince since only my DH and I like the pies, our son doesn't (our daughter does but spending holiday with BFs family).

THAT way there won't be all the leftover pie tempting us!!!

I'm going to instead have a turkey on Christmas when our daughter and BF will be with us. Altho thankfully that dinner will be simple also, since we all have different food allergies as well as likes/dislikes LOLOL. That also means I now don't bake more than chocolate chip cookies, my one annual "bake" of them that most everyone loves and can eat.

Good thing in one way our family has 'shrunk' I guess, since I don't get stressed out ... and good thing that nobody insists on "Tradition" is all I can say!

All the best,

4. kjade

kjade New Member

I hope you have a wonderful trip - thank you for the wishes. I definitely WILL be making a wish to get better when we break the wishbone this year.......hopefully I will win for a change. I usually lose.

But have a wonderful holiday - enjoy!
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! Have a safe trip and enjoy your time away!
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes! Happy Thankgiving to you also Sue and Family and all My fellow Board Members! You are all a Blessing!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Getting ready to go spend it with my Gals,,,(Daughters) in charge of Pumpkin cheese cake,,,and Peanutbutter pie,,,,Love to all!,,,,,Sis
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I see you left early this morning!

I'm praying for a safe arrival, as well as, your trip home.

You're right! Everyone on this board are blessing's!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Thanks, Susie for the post!

Much love,

8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good wishes. Hope you have a nice trip and visit.

Gordon and I will have a quiet holiday. I am just going to roast turkey legs rather than a whole bird.

Bob, we brined a turkey a couple years ago. Didn't seem to make any difference tho.

Hope everybody has a nice holiday, and that the relatives are on their good behavior.

Like most of us here, I am grateful for the board and all of you.

9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and I started it! Duh! Fibro fog...too much turkey...too old...too much on my mind...too much something!

I hope all was good with you. You are all such special people.

Kim...hope you had a great time with your little ones and your husband got to be home.

Vic...how was the beef? The meal sounded wonderful! Turkey for Christmas. Thank you for all the jokes you post.

Kjade...make that wish for health...remember your friend, too, if the wishbone works for more than one.

Terri...Our trip was great...hope your day was, too.

Sis...makes the desserts, eh? I used to make pumpkin cheese cake...very nummy!

Bob...that doesn't sound too easy, all you did! Wow! How did things turn out?

Kimmie...hope you were feeling well. Who came to your house for dinner. I remember you did the big shop and found the biggest turkey. Was it good?

Linda...thanks for the kind wishes. You are a real day brightener on this board.

Rock...I would cook only the legs, too, as I love dark meat. But, I wound up getting a 24 pounder! Lots of turkey for lots of people.

You each a special...enjoy the next few days...BEFORE CHRISTMAS! AAGH!