Happy To Be Here, but I have a question....................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ceciliaath, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Ceciliaath

Ceciliaath New Member

This is my first post. I'm glad to have a chance to get some much needed support. My question.........After all the testing, MRI, bone scan, bone density scan, EMG, NCS, etc., the Dr's telling me they can't find anything, finally being diagnosed with FMS...I always tell them about the burning, tingling sensation I have in my upper thoracic area. Not one has ever addressed this issue, (a Big issue to me). Except to have an injection into my muscle there, which made the problem even worse. I suffer with this pain every day. Does anyone else have this kind of pain? And why would the Dr. seemingly ignore this? Thanks, all. Jane
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Jane, so glad you found our board. I have Fibro and yes, I do get that pain in the upper chest area. Sometimes I make it worst by the things I do, like mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, digging (gardening).

I have no idea why doctors ignore what we tell them, that is a question that is asked often around here. I wonder if they are even listening to us most of the time.

All the tests you got was to rule out other illnesses, there is not test for Fibro, just the 'Trigger Point' tests, which is pressing all the areas that hurt with Fibro.

Your upper chest has two Trigger points there, I have a problem with both of them. Sometimes it feels like you are having a heart attack! But its the surface that is hurting, the muscles. At times it feels like the pain is going through your chest.

I use a rub, then the heating pad for this, it does help relieve the pain.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Have a great holiday season.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Hello,
    A very warm welcome! we try to be very kind to each other here. I have had fms for over 20 yrs and because ofthe multiple symtoms, many of them aren't addressed properly.it takes so long to get a diagnosis, and then to unserstand all the symtoms are kind of a continual journey.
    Each individual has varring symtoms, and with various
    severity. I guess God made us so individual, and we each feel things differently. The one thing that gives you sstrenth, is knowledge about your condition. There is plenty of that here too.
    Be kind to yourself! Often because there are no visible signs a few people will not understand. I don't understand electricity, but I know when I flip the switch a light comes on....so with that in mind it is good to believe in yourself. I am having that burning now in my hips. Have had
    a couple of weeks of down time. Only this time I also had a little depression, proobably due to the holidays?
    Ask what you need to know and all of us started out without a clue. Happy to talk to you. 1maqt
  4. Ceciliaath

Ceciliaath New Member

............and thanks for your input. I also have IBS, but we'll save that for another day. Thanks, again, Jane
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't have this, but we hear people all the time talking about burning pain in various parts of their bodies. I think it just goes with the territory. The important thing is that you have had it checked out. I know that doesn't help with the pain and burning, but at least you know it isn't something else.

Love, Mikie
  6. Member

Member New Member

Yes, I get a burning and tingling sensation in my feet, legs, arms, etc. during an attack. I usually take ibuprofen and REST.