Hard time getting Ambien re-filled :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Not sure if it is a problem at Wal-Mart or my drs. office, but the bottle always says no-refills so every month when I call in for my re-fill it seems to take longer & longer for it to get processed. It has been a week and walmart says they have faxed drs office 2 times for re-fill request. Of course by the time I talked to walmart today drs office had gone home.

Anyone else having problems like this?

Tired but can't sleep--I took some melatin so hopefully that will help.
  2. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

I was thinking that a smaller home town pharmacy, might be able to handle things faster for you, especially once they get to know you.

I like pharmacies with drive-thru windows. This way I can still wear my pajamas if I have to.

My Dr always gives a 3 month refill. Check into that also.

I hope I helped you.

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I need to go back in for appt and also I missed an appt last month--so guess now I'm on the "flaky list".

Hoping dr will call in one more refill---since next avail appt is July 17th---I really need sleep or I will turn into a total "FLAKE"!!!
  4. hdparadis

hdparadis New Member

I know that the lady I work with is on Ambien and she has to jump through hoops with the insurance comp. whenever she needs a refill. They only allow 15 pills per month. So I guess she's only supposed to sleep every other day? If I where you I would look into this possability and get your dr. to help you address the problem.

5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

insruance problem--I don't have any--sometimes a good thing??
  6. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I am now taking a generic version called ZOLPIDEM....i can't remember why the pharmacist recommended that I switch......but, when I had problems with the insurance paying for my very expensive Imitrex (for migraines) my pharm. suggestsed that i have the doc write two different meds for my headache medicine....so if the insurance will only pay for a small number of imitrex, and i need more that month, then i can fill the other RX for the different (yet works the same) medicine and insurance would pay for that one too....

perhaps, you can get an RX for generic and the insurance will pay for more of them each month without a hassle......

Or, you can switch to your second RX when your ambien runs out....switch to a different med or maybe generic?? I don't know how that would work for ambien....

i think docs can fill out forms to make the insurance pay for more meds if the doc feels you need it....

good luck...hopefully going in for a check in with your doc will just solve the problem....

i just wanted to mention how my pharmacist helped me when the insurance company put a limit on my imitrex....