Harmful Chemical in Packaging...Input needed!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Nov 18, 2005.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Everyone~

I just saw a newsbrief on ABCNews regarding a chemical found in the packaging of foods...Wrappers from popular burger joints, dog food bags, etc.
    The product that prevents oils from seeping thru the paper bag is made by the DUPONT Corp...Approved 38 years ago by OUR government and now shown to have the ability to seep into the foods that it surrounds...Meaning this chemical goes into our bodies at 3X the rate once known...

A former worker was interviewed as well as a toxicologist. It is in the teflon family (and we all know how dangerous teflon is)...

I did not catch the name, if they even said it...Of course, DuPont denies the possibility of health risk on the public.

Anyone know more about this? May be something to look further into...Could be one of our missing links to these dd's...Ya never know.

Have a peaceful nite all~Alicia
  2. lbok

lbok New Member

It's in tons (100's) of food packages and extremely common ones like candy bar wrappers and microwave popcorn bags. It comes in direct contact with the food and rubs off on it. It's called Zonyl, but once inside the body breaks down into another chemical. I saw an article about it but don't know if it is OK to post a link.
  3. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I think if the link is non-profit and/or not in direct competition with ProHealth, it can be posted. I'm really curious about this!

Glad I stopped using microwave popcorn.