Hart burn or acid reflex

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelstapleton, Aug 26, 2006.

1. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I had some really bad days latley . It seem like every time I drink or eat I get a feeling of Hart burn or acid reflex.
    I am new to the board and I have fibromyalgia .
    I trying to learn what I need to do evey day .
    But this last week been Hell for me. I been in bed for about 3 days and just feel like yuk.
    I go to a pain clinic on the 31st and not sure what there going to do. My doc just said that he was sending me there.
    Any one ever been to a paine clinic ? What do they do to you ?
    Thanks bless all Angel
  2. Daisys

Daisys Member

I had reflux so bad I now have Barrett's esophagus. I started to cut out starchy foods, and sugar to lose weight and the reflux stopped. Turns out it was gluten that caused the problem for me.

As long as I avoid wheat, and some other grains, I'm fine. I did some research and found that it's very commom for people to have trouble with digesting wheat.

Why not try avoiding gluten? I'd say give it 2 weeks. You'd be amazed at how much processed foods have it as an ingredient. Even if it just says 'natural flavor' I have to be careful. I do most meals from scratch now and use amaranth flour for muffins and sauces, and it works fine for that.

There's also digestive inzymes that can be taken to help. They do a little for me, but avoiding gluten has been the main thing I needed to do. I rarely have any reflux at all.

Hope this helps.
  3. angelstapleton

I will try it . I'm very thank full. Seens so many things change in our bodys as we get older I finding out. I glad to have other pepole to talk to .
    Once again thanks so very much .
    Bless you Angel
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

(dgl) licorice root and gaucatonga no side effects or drug interactions i also take digestive enzymes but you shouldnt take them if you are taking maoi drugs.i had heart burn 24/7 before i started these herbs.charlene
  5. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

i had acid reflux everytime i ate no matter what i ate. Then i started the apple cider vinegar diet and it went away. I take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in an 8 oz glass of apple juice before every meal.

Angell
  6. angelstapleton

THANKS ALL SO MUCH I REALLY WILL TRY ANY ADVISE.
    THANKS ANGEL