Has any heard/tested for Adrenal Fatigue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mistyd96, Sep 22, 2005.

1. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

I just read an article about adrenal fatigue, and it seems possible it could be a part of FM. Tired, brain fog etc. Has anyone been tested for this? I am looking for information on my own, since doctors have let me down so much.

Misty
  2. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

You can do a title search on the message board for adrenal fatigue and read many posts regarding this. Also, there is a website - adrenalfatigue.com. This has a lot of good info. I hope you have a joyful day. Charlotte
  3. jess

jess New Member

I was tested for this. It was a saliva test. You have to do this 4-6 times a day. then it gets sent in to the lab. My came back with abnormal levels. The doctor put me on adrenal support which I couldn't take so I'm back to square one. Jess
  4. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I just received saliva tests back which my doctor said indicated that I have adrenal fatigue. (I have had ME/CFS/FM for over ten years) The saliva tests consisted of taking saliva four times during the day at home and freezing it and then sending it to a lab for pathology. The results showed my cortisol levels at about one quarter of what constitues "normal" range. My doctor has justed started me on a capsule containing t3 and cortisol in small doses and well as a vit d3 tablet, starting at 250iu daily. He told me that I could feel worse for up to two months and, if I did, to lower the doses even more and then gradually build them up again. I am to be tested in two months. He is right so far - I do feel worse, but I am going to try to stick it out to see if there is light at the end of the tunnel. Apparently, he believes - and he is a good doctor - that the vit d3, which he also tested and which was also VERY low, is necessary to help the body utilise the t3 and cortisol combination. This does not tell you whether the treatment works, but at least it lets you know that there are others with you, going through the same thing. Good luck.