Has any one tried juicing for their chronic fatigue?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Debbie6041, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Debbie6041

Debbie6041 New Member

I am still taking all the pills I have tested and found that helped me with my chronic fatigue. I had been bed fast with the fatigue for 2 years. I quit eating all grains (grass family), and all tree nuts; and found the following helped me.

NADH, Magnesium Potasium Aspartate, Malic Acid, Niacinamide, B12, as well as a couple general things such as multi-vitamins.

2 1/2 months ago I started juicing and it has helped me drastically. I do this in place of lunch, which has helped my digestive problems as well. The bloating in my stomach has been reduced greatly as well as dropping 12 pounds. I went from 152 to 140.

I have went from being able to be up doing something 5 1/2 hours a day to doing things for 8 1/2 hours within 2 weeks. I am currently able to be up, not necessarily on my feet the whole time, for about 12 to 14 hours. I still can't work physically hard for more than 30 or 40 minutes at a time, up to 2 or 3 times a day. Which is an improvement.

I still have to watch my heart rate some. I have a stair stepper which checks my pulse and it(my pulse) still wants to go high easily. I think that is because of having chronic fatigue for 5 1/2 years, previously I haven't been able to get my heart rate up without it putting me back in bed, now suddenly I am able to do more so it is taking time to strengthen my heart.

Since I have been able to use the stair stepper the last 3 weeks my heart rate is slowly not going up quite as fast.

I highly recomend that if you haven't tried jucing to see if it will help you. I find that $200 for a juicer isn't so bad when you figure what our lack of health is costing us.

I am hoping maybe by the middle of next summer maybe my full health will be back.

I highly recommend getting a book on Juicing and start, be diligent at least once a day every day. I've missed 2 days in the last 2 1/2 months.

I found Juicing For Life by Cherie Calbom and Maureen Keane reads well and was informative.

Has any one else tried juicing to get their heath back and has it improved your health dramatically?

[This Message was Edited on 08/05/2004]
  2. kimkane

kimkane New Member

HI DEBBIE,

YES I DO JUICE. I HAVE A JUICEMAN, AND ALSO THE BOOK YOU MENTIONED. WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

IT HAS HELPED MY CFIDS, FMS, IBS. I JUICE 2-3 TIMES A DAY, AND I JUICE A CANTALOPE AND SIP IT DURING MEALS, IT HELPS TO CALM THE STOMACH AND DIGESTIVE TRACK.

JACK LALANE HAS A GREAT JUICING BOOK ALSO.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CONCOCTION?

JUICING FOR HEALTH, KIM
  3. Debbie6041

Debbie6041 New Member

I'll have to think on that one.

I can't say it is my favorite tasting one but it is my stand by that usually makes me feel the best. I use this more than anything.

4 carrots
    2 ribs of celery
    6 or 8 sprigs of parsley
    1/2 to one leaf of kale depending on the size
    1 hand full of spinach
    1 apple (seeded) or 1 fresh home grown tomato

I find that if you put a quarter of a beet root in it improves the flavor.

Sometimes I put one or several of the following: turnip greens, cilantro, cucumber, and cabbage in. The cabbage is pretty strong and ginger is even stronger.

{For any one who reads this and is thinking about juicing, it is better to juice the greens first. You will get more juice out of them that way.}

Now my favorite tasting drink is very simple:

1” slice of pineapple
    2 oranges (peeled)

It beats store bought orange juice hands down.

I have used the pineapple just 2 days ago in place of the apple/tomato in the first recipe above and was well pleased with it.

Please do give me the recipes that make you feel the best and the ones you think taste the best.

Believe it or not I started giving it (juice drink) to my husband on weekends at first then I asked him to try it for one full week, after that week he said he feels a lot better and he wants me to keep making it for him. So I have been making it for him as well, when he gets home from work. His skin looks a lot healthier for it and now he isn’t eating as much junk food as before because this is slowing his craving down. Of course as thin as he is he doesn’t use it in place of a meal most of the time. And we all know it is a lot better for him than the junk food.

I am looking forward to getting your recipies.

How long have you been juicing?

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2004]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2004]
  4. ceres

ceres New Member

you beat me to the punch i just aquired one and was curious
    if any one had recp..thank you and if you find more i will watch for postings..thank you god bless:)ceres