Has anybody changed from Effexor to Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovethesun, Aug 18, 2006.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

The effexor is 2 75mg in the morning.I've agreed with my doctor to do this.Linda
  2. amberini

amberini New Member

I was on Effexor for pain management for several years but over time, I thought it was less effective for me.

So, my doctor told me about Cymbalta and I agreed to try it.

The hard part was getting off Effexor. I won't bore you with the details, it was a rough 7 weeks.

There is life after Effexor. I find that the combination of Cymbalta and Mobic keeps me fairly "human".

If you do decide to change, very gradually reduce the Effexor dosage, over weeks, not days.

Don't plan anything that requires alot from you for a couple of months.

You don't need any additional stress so try to schedule help for whatever your stress triggers are.

Get plenty of rest and fluids. I added a detox tea
    ( Triple Leaf ) 3x's a day.

Good Luck and take one day at a time!
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Cymbalta.She didn't think it would take a long time,maybe because I am on Morphine.Thanks for everybody's input.Linda
  4. deb21rn

deb21rn New Member

I switched form effexor to cymbalta with little effect. Took both drugs for 1 week then slowly decreased and the stopped effexor to help with withdrawal. I had no symptoms that way. I found no help from cymbalta. Hope you have better luck
  5. Chevy39

Chevy39 New Member

I guess I have been on Cymbalta for about two years or close to it. I must not have been on Effexor XR long enough to have to deal with any withdraws from it. Besides FM, I also have Lupus, AVN or ON, depression,etc.

I can definately tell when I have not taken my Cymbalta. I can sometimes get by one day, but miss two days or more and it is horrible -- emotionally.