Has anybody received this error message?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ConfusedInPA, Mar 19, 2017.

1. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is what Firefox told me when I tried to log in this morning. Same thing for entering my password.

Anybody else receive this message?

Later......

Diane

PS: Kevin stopped back in to the house. He was on his way to the store. I was cussing up a storm. He looked at the problem, and said that it's probably gonna appear for the people using the New Version of Firefox (5.1?), on Windows.

Still doesn't make me feel comfortable. I'm outta here, for a while..............
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Diane,

I haven't seen this one but haven't been using Firefox lately and haven't downloaded the newest version. I've been busy trying to find a new phone and phone plan and it's making me nuts. Laughing at cussing up a storm. Guess I'm not the only one who curses like a sailor. My friend, Richard, said he is impressed at how I string my curse words together so artistically. Hope you're doing well.

Love, Mikie
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Diane

Haven't seen that notice. I'm no help at all. Don't even know if we have Firefox.
    Good luck.

Rock
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I also started receiving this message about a week ago when I log in using Firefox.

I checked with Admin and I was told that this happened when Mozilla Firefox did an update and it should not be a problem to log in.
  5. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

I don't use Firefox anymore.

I just now experimented and tried to log in here from Firefox browser. Got the same message.

I have my username and password saved on my computer, so I just ignored that warning and logged in as usual.

I never type my password or info on any pop-up box though, suspecting it's a scam.

Patti
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  6. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Hmmmm!
    All I use is Firefox and I've had no problems yet. Just saying.
    Barry
  7. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your input!

I just logged in now, and my "saved" login and password were gone. Poof! I had to retype both.

We only use Firefox (Kevin will not use Internet Explorer). Don't ask me why; he's the computer expert/software engineer/IT guru. When my computer "asks for an update", I always let Kevin do the installs, so I don't screw something up.

The thing that concerns me is the "This connection is not secure" part of the above message. I don't want to get hacked.

My cell phone got hacked a month or so ago. I actually talked to one of the spam callers (accidentally); I answered my cell when I was waiting for another call. I was told that they got my number from a website I registered for (DUH?). Apparently someone registered on a site, used a fake name "Melinda", and a fake phone number (MY CELL PHONE). Now I can't get rid of those darn calls. I put my phone on the charger the other day -- when I went to check on it, I had 17 missed calls; 5 text messages; and 5 voice mails -- all SPAM.

That's part of why I'm leery of the "This connection is not secure" message. I'd really hate for my email to be hacked!

Excuse any typos please. I'm typing fast. Then I'll log out of ProHealth and run a virus scan, again.

Thanks again for your replies. I hope this error message goes away soon...........

Diane
    hangininthere likes this.
  8. tooks

tooks Member

You will get this message on the latest version of Firefox when you log into any forum that is not encryped (not using https). There is nothing to worry about--it just means that if you are using public wifi a "snooper" might see your password.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Diane,

A lot of people are getting massive numbers of spam calls and texts despite being on the no call list. It doesn't necessarily mean your phone was hacked. Many of them use auto dialers and try to phish info from anyone who answers. Our newspaper had an article on this. Some are even robo calls made to sound as though you are talking to a real person. I don't answer any call that I don't recognize the number. If it's important, they will leave a message.

Love, Mikie