Has anyone applied for CPPD ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharazelle, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sharazelle

sharazelle New Member

Hi, my name is Melanie and I am 32 years old. I have been diagnosised with FM and CFS. My doctor advised me to apply for Canada Pension Plan Disability but told me it was a long hard process to get it. Has anyone here tried it???
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

4. Honora88

Honora88 Member

When I first got sick, i put off filing for a lot of help and that was my biggest regret. I thought I could handel everything and not need help. Things spun out of control and I found myself in financial straits that I couldn't predict.
  5. canap

canap New Member

I applied in just and talked to them yest and they said 4 to 6 months but couldn't give me anyother info. I hope it doesn't take that long been off work since aug and money is short esp being now single.
  6. 2cin@sympatico.ca

2cin@sympatico.ca New Member

I applied for CPPD in March 2007. They dragged their feet and when I finally got an answer they said NO ... they jumped all over my reconsideration not even giving me enough time to send them more medical information. I had to then go to a review tribunal. After going through the stress of showing up HRDC asked that it be postponed. The tribunal has been rescheduled for next month. I have TONS of documentation and have no idea how I could have got denied.
  7. quanked

quanked Member

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I am here in the USA but I have read on this site about how difficult it can be to get disability here.

I have a friend who lives in the US part of Niagara Falls. She is moving to Maine this weekend. She said that NF USA was extremely polluted, run down and kind of a hole. She said that the Canada side looks nicer as far as she could see.

She has had lots of allergies and chemical sensitivities since landing there in October. She is moving because her health has declined since arriving.

You are so young. There is lots of information here but it can be difficult to ferret out. Again, welcome.