Has anyone been able to get the DVD?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by over50, Jun 8, 2006.

1. over50

over50 New Member

Has anyone seen the DVD "Show me where it hurts"?
    I would love to see it,but,cant afford the full $29.95.I dont't know if it is appropiate to see if I could purchase a copy that you have seen. for a lower price.Is it worth the money,or is it same old stuff?
    I havent been on in awhile,dealing with maybe torn rotator cuff,knee hurts from ? and back and the ususal.
    Take care,Linda
  2. livin4him

livin4him New Member

could this possibly be available used on ebay or amazon.com?
  3. over50

over50 New Member

Bought a used book a long time ago from Amazon,and it took forever to get it and I couldnt get a hold of the seller.It was so frustrating,and then finally it came.
    And,I have never used EBay,am I the only one in the Universe?who hasnt? I trust our board members more than Ebay.But,thanks for the quick reply and ideas.I guess I will just save and get it.But,I sure would like someone to give me a review on it.I got an exercise video from Dr Bennett,and it was way too advanced for me,I would have liked a review from someone on that.
    Take care,Linda
  4. mrsED

mrsED New Member

but they didn;t have any used yet, too soon I think,
    MrsEd
  5. over50

over50 New Member

May I ask how the DVD was?
    I certainly dont want to spend money on a same old stuff kind of thing.
    They do show a 3 minute preview,but my movie player thing,just starts then stops,starts and stops.Hard to get any idea from that.
    And sometimes they show the previews on tv for a movie and it looks great,but when you rent it.Thats the best part of the hour movie. :)
    Thanks,'Linda
  6. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that on the 3-minute preview, you might want to click the "pause" button. Then after the video has completely loaded, press the "play" button again. That way you can view the entire preview without it starting and stopping.

-Holly
    ProHealth Tech Support
  7. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

..with this DVD!

There is some VERY good information on brain imaging and changes in the brains of FM patients, but the whole focus was on "psychological" stress triggering the illness.

They didn't talk about "post-traumatic" FM AT ALL! (See Dr. Mark Pellegrino's info on "Post Traumatic Stress FM). Dr. Pellegrino (who is the nicest man you ever met!) developed FM at 28, and is an expert in PTFM.

BOOK: Understanding Post-traumatic Fibromyalgia
    by Mark J. Pellegrino (Spiral-bound - January 1996)

Lynne Matallana (founder of the NFA, where Dr. Pellegrino is a member of the Medical Avisory Board) is interviewed extensively, and I was very surprised that PTFM was not even discussed - particularly since Dr. P is so knowledgable about it - along with my doctor (Stuart Silverman) who is also a MAB member.

Although I know many people who can point to stress as a triggering factor, most of the people I know got sick after an illness, accident, injury, or like me, a toxic exposure!

The focus on ONLY life stress really disappointed me, because like the CDC just announced, "stressors" (in medical jargon) can be anything that's "stressful" to the BODY - viruses, injury, etc.

IMHO, focusing so strongly on psychological stress does a GRAVE disservice to those of us who got sick after physiological "stressors"!

I receive workers' comp pay because I got sick after inhaling a bunch of fiberglass insulation in the Navy Research Lab where I worked. I was actually coughing up enough of it to have it analyzed and it matched samples taken from the ceiling in my office.

DUH! If it was "stress", I wouldn't have had my claim approved and the fiberglass would not have been determined to have "triggered" my illness!

There is some very good information on the DVD, but the total focus on psychological stress as THE trigger really put me off...

IMHO,

- julie (is free!)

I've bitten my tongue
    until it bleeds.. - Radney Foster
    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2006]
  8. over50

over50 New Member

Holly,thanks for the tip,and Juliesfree,thank you so much for saving me some money.
    Thanks again
    Have a really wonderful day
    Linda
  9. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

10. over50

over50 New Member

Thank you, Juliesfree for the bump,but,I am not as excited about the DVD,now that I have your information.
    I really appreciate your care and concern.
    Have a great pain free day !!!!
    Linda
  11. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I'm glad I could help!

I was really excited about the DVD because I think the NFA is probably the best FM organization in the US. I've met the founder and several of the doctors on the Medical Advisory Board (including my FM doctor), and they are well-informed, tenacious and put on GREAT conferences.

Knowing all of that, I guess I expected more from the DVD..

- julie

The good book says
    it's better to give than
    to receive
    I do my best
    to do my part.. - Rush