Has anyone been cured?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hootie1, May 31, 2006.

1. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Just curious- I am undergoing treatment from the FFC in Philadelphia. I have EBV,HHV6,mycoplasma, candida, and c. pneumonia. I also just tested high for lead.

I'm on the antivirus right now. Any thoughts or information to share? I had an extremely hopeless day today- just hoping that you might share.

Thanks.
  2. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

3. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I'm not sure that anyone's actually been cured as opposed to being in remission. I've been in remission several times. I have CFS and fibro, and my fibro has been in remission for over a year. Only recently have I started having pain again, but not severe enough for me to need pain meds.

Lots of folks here go or have gone to FFC. Some say it's helped, while others say they didn't. I'm skeptical about it. In my opinion, and I don't mean to offend anyone, it seems like they're just out to get money. Otherwise, more insurance companies would cover the cost. I would love to go there, however, there's no way I could afford the cost of it. Maybe it's just because they are so new that it's not covered by insurance. But many people with CFS or fibro are not in a financial situation that can afford to pay thousands of dollars for treatment that may not even help.

I think it's a matter of trial and error. I hope FFC philly can help you. But just remember, there's no definitive cure as of now. If there were, this board wouldn't be as full as it is.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim
  4. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Thank you for your feedback and kind words.