Has anyone been diagnosed with immune glomerloneuphritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sandyL, May 19, 2003.

1. sandyL

sandyL New Member

HI My doctor says I have glomerloneuphritis,, I was wondering if anyone else has it and what their treatments were?
    Thanks Sandy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Love, Mikie
  3. sandyL

sandyL New Member

HI If anyone has had this or,, Has had blood in their urine for a long period of time Please let me know,,
    Thanks Sandy
  4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Does your doctor know about the blood in the urine?
    or is that what that disease does? I have
    never heard of it. Have you searched the web?
    Good luck.
    Lynn
  5. sandyL

sandyL New Member

Hi
    Yes I have been to many Doctors,, The last one said,, I had glomerloneuphitis,, I read on the internet,, that it was treatable,, My concern is if they wait to long to try to treat it ,, It will be too late,,
    It is a rare Immune kidney disease,,
    I've had blood in my urine now since 1995,, It was microscopic then gross,,
    This lastest Doctor said he wanted to wait,, to give me a kidney biopsy,, when I started showing protein, in my urine too,,
    with all the immune diseases, linked somehow with fibromyalgia,, I thought maybe someone else has heard of this or has it,,
    thanks for the reply
    sandy
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

My drs. were considering glomerlonephritis with me.Its a painful kidney disease.I have had the microscopic hematuria for years!! Never got a full answer on it either~
    I was seeing a urologist for awhile. I had a cystocope done.(where they go up your urethra,and look at the bladder lining and up the ureters that lead to each kidney)
    They did discover a clot in my left kidney so that was removed during the procedure.I have had alot of pain in the kidney area and low back.(off&on over the yrs) At times even now I'm found on a urynalisis to have small amounts of blood in my urine,without bacteria present??
    I also have endometriosis so some of my drs. even suspect that to be the problem with the hematuria.
    Sorry....not sure of the treatment.I almost recall it possibly being long term antibiotics(6 months or more?)IV or oral? I'll try and find some more info when I get back in today~ Hope this helped some~ Have you had an IVP done?
    ((hugs)),
    Tracey
  7. sandyL

sandyL New Member

HI
    Yes I have had that procedure to,they said the blood was coming from the kidney,but I didn't have a clot and I have a lot of pain in my kidney area too,,How long have you had the blood in your urine?
    thanks so much for your reply