HAS ANYONE BEEN GIVEN THYROID MEDS TO HELP CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PAL, Nov 2, 2002.

1. PAL

PAL New Member

EVEN THOW MY THYROID TEST ARE NORMAL, THEY ARE IN THE LOW NORMAL RANGE. MY DOC TRIED ME ON SYNTHROID. I AM NOT CURED, BUT IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY FATIGUE.
    HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THYROID MEDS, TO HELP WITH FATIGUE?
    ~PATTY~
  2. PAL

PAL New Member

EVEN THOW MY THYROID TEST ARE NORMAL, THEY ARE IN THE LOW NORMAL RANGE. MY DOC TRIED ME ON SYNTHROID. I AM NOT CURED, BUT IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN MY FATIGUE.
    HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THYROID MEDS, TO HELP WITH FATIGUE?
    ~PATTY~
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My labs were in the normal range but have actually improved slightly since being on the Synthroid. I seldom need naps anymore and I think it has revved up my metabolism a little. I've just been on it a couple of months.

Love, Mikie
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Anyone who even suspects their thyroid might be a problem, please make sure you get tested for the antibodies. For years, the doctor I was seeing did not test me for antibodies even though I kept complaining about throat pain and had low body temperature. Finally, I went to a doc who did test me for antibodies and we found it was really high, indicating I have Hashimoto's. I'm finally on Synthroid. I'm better on it, but I still don't feel fine. Still fatigued, still getting some of the symptoms. But I did hear from a few people that it can take many months till you really feel it working.

TeaBisqit