Has Anyone Been On Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blueangel1957, Jun 13, 2006.

1. blueangel1957

blueangel1957 New Member

My Dr.sent me to a pain dr.and he has me on Cymbalta 60mg
    he says that is one of the drugs being used for fibro..also
    he has me on Lortab,Neurontin,Celebrex 2a day
    I am also on ativan, stomach pill,another thing
    I was wondering when the dr.puts you on Predisone
    does any of you feel better some.I am hurting so
    bad right now I can't even hardly sit here to type
    I want to just scream.This is my first time to the
    message board I have replied to a few.My name is
    Rita aka blueangel1957 I live in SC I hope I am
    doing this right.Hope everyone has a pain free night
    and a blessed night.Love,
    blueangel1957
    Rita
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

Not perfect...but it does make me feel better. I forgot to put it in my pill box, (holds 2 week supply)....and I went down hill and did not understand why at first....

Does not upset my tummy nor gain weight.
    Susan
  3. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Welcome to the board.

I take Cymbalta. I was on Prozac. I much prefer the Cymbalta. I feel sooooo much better now. It has helped with my pain.

Sorry you are having such bad pain. I used to and still do have some pain. I am not completely pain free. Just much better.

Hugs,

Jodi
  4. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Hi Rita,
    Nice too meet you. I wish it were under better circumstances.

I wasn't taking the Cymbalta for pain. I was depressed. I loved it because it had me feeling better mentally in no time at all. It didn't seem to help with my pain, but that is just me. Everyone one of us is different. I have talked to far more people that it HAS helped with pain.

I also discovered that I get much more pain relief from lorcet than lortab. The lortab make me itchy and I talk, non-stop. Basically they wire me and I end up feeling like I've just tensed up that much more after taking them. The lorcet gives me much better pain relief without all of those other feelings. I'm not sure why because they are basically supposed to be the same thing to the best of my knowledge.

Now to the Prednisone. It usually helps me for a little while, but for me it has always been short term. I've taken the dose packs and I've had the shot. With the shot, the very next day I had one of the best days of my entire life, but I crashed back down that much harder the day after that. I've never been on it for any length of time longer than the week supply in the dose pack. I do know that it can cause bone loss if taken in larger doses and for longer periods of time. Steroids always make me 10 feet tall and bullet proof - a little agressive or more easily agitated. If you are hurting that bad, then it should give you some relief pretty soon and until you can get it to a somewhat manageable stage again. I use the term "manageable" loosely. My doc will give me a shot if I'm having a particularly bad flare, but on other days we just try to knock the edge off with the other stuff. I haven't had a pain free day in what seems like forever, but some days are more tolerable than others.

Again, I can't stress enough that we are all different. What works for me may not work for you the same way and vice versa. You should get plenty of varied responses here. I think a lot of us are still in the trial and error period and still working to find the combination that works for us. I sincerely hope that you get your correct combination from these that they have given you and that you are feeling better very soon.
  5. 6cats

6cats New Member

I take 60 mg in the morning. Actually I take Topamax to help with the headaches and pain. The cymbalta helps me more with depression and anxiety because of this DD.
  6. maggie428

maggie428 New Member

I was on Prednisone for 1 1/2 years for Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Was a god send, like a miracle. After the Doctor weaned me off the Prednisone I got symtoms that were almost as bad as the Polymyalgia. The Doctor says he is positive I now have Fibro. So he is giving me 30mg of Cymbalta daily. At that low dose I feel so much better. I have been taking it for 2 months. I was getting depressed and my upper arms hurt plus I found it hard to walk. The depression is much better now and the Cymbalta has helped the pain. Not completely but taken the edge off. I finally am able to walk around the block ( 1/2 mile ) as before I could hardly get up to the corner.~~~Good Luck~Maggie
    [This Message was Edited on 06/13/2006]
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I had to go back to the rhuemy for my Klonopin prescription and I told him I was exhausted. He asked me about my pain, which I said was mild mostly and he gave me Cymbalta which he said is for pain. ????????

He had me taking it at night, but it absolutely wrecked my sleep so I switched to the morning. I started with 30mg and this week I go to 60mg.

The first couple of days, I felt alot better, more energy and better mood (who can be chipper when you are exhausted?)

I am not sure how it will work out for me yet. He said I should know in a month if it will help. Then he gave me samples for 3 weeks (?)and a script.

If it comes in a generic, I will fill it, if not, I won't be able to afford the $50 copay :-(

Sonya
  8. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

Hi Rita,

I have been taking Cymbalta (60 mg) and Ultram for about a week. I agree with the other post, it does make me VERY thirsty. However, it has helped with the pain. I am able to get out of bed and go to work again. It hasn't tackled the depression yet, my doc said it will take a couple of weeks to start working.
  9. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Helped improve my depression and pain but completely took away my sex drive. Anyone else?
  10. dreamnhappy

dreamnhappy New Member

I have taken Cymbalta for about a year 60 mg. I find it helps with my depression and anxiety. It is the best one that I have found that doesn't make me so loopy feeling and tired. I would recommend it.

dreamnhappy
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but everyone is different so try it you might like it..

jodie