Has anyone been to a Fribromyalgia and Fatigue Center

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tkearn5000, Aug 19, 2008.

1. tkearn5000

tkearn5000 Member

Apparently there are a number of them across the U.S. I just started going to one in Pittsburgh, and was wondering if anyone has tried one of them before?
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I went to them, spent over $5,000, much of it my money, and then got nothing in the way of help and their doc left suddenly and left me out to dry.

I found their ethics to be quite lacking, and as a former medical professional myself, I wouldn't touch them again with a ten foot pole.
  3. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

I've been to the one in Cleveland. I think they are into some of the cutting edge approaches to treatment, but I did take issue to a degree with the way they operate.

If you do a search on FFC in the search box you'll get alot of opinions. Unfortunately they had me start on so many different supplements at one time, and then when I started to feel worse, I wasn't able to pinpoint if it was related to one of them. They will not tell you the ingredients in some of their supplements or IV treatments supposedly because it is propreitary information.

Any doctor that makes a diagnosis and then sells expensive products for your treatment (that can only be purchased from them) makes me nervous.

Also, it was the first time that I put something into my body without knowing what it contained. I couldn't do any research on the supplements and side effects. This shows the level of desperation that I was at when I went.

Having said that, after researching cutting edge treatments and theories lately, I do think that they are basically on the right track with their logic.

At the time, it didn't work for me, and I actually crashed to a new low after being on the treatment for a few months. However, I may have been headed that way reagardless of their treatment, or maybe I just had the wrong mix of supplementation. There are so many variables I don't know what caused my downfall.

I did stop going to them because I wasn't seeing improvement and it was costing a small fortune.

I also don't know if the doc in Cleveland really knew what she was doing and have heard better things about some of the docs in other centers. So I have a mixed opinion about them.

Wish you good luck in your treatment with them and please keep us posted with your progress!

[This Message was Edited on 08/20/2008]
  4. tkearn5000

tkearn5000 Member