Has anyone been to Fibro Clinic w/ mayo health system?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by misskoji, Aug 22, 2006.

1. misskoji

misskoji Member

I shouldnt even been typing now, I'm foggin so much, but gotta get this out b4 I forget it again. Has anyone been to the Fibromyalgia Clinic with Mayo health system? If so, did you learn anything new? Was it helpfull?

I'm in WI and been fighting HMOs to go for over a year. The clinic is in Rochester, MN
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2006]
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

No I have not....but bumping this for others to have a chance to see this posting.....

Good Luck in getting answers........Susan
  3. PrariWolf

PrariWolf New Member

My cousin went. Her parents sent her because no one could figure out what was wrong with her. It seems to have helped her some, but the main thing for her was getting a diagnosis after going from doc to doc for so long. It is not a cure, but at least they take it seriously there and try very hard to get you to some semblence of health and normalcy of lifestyle.
  4. Flibble

Flibble New Member

They believe in fibro there but they don't believe in pain meds for it. Their "plan" is exercise, losing weight and antidepressant meds and lots of you just have to live with pain talk. It depends on what you are looking for. Flibble
  5. misskoji

misskoji Member

thanks for your replies guys! Just hoping it will reach more people who may be so kind to share their experience? It doesnt sound good to me much after reading your post Fibble. I do believe we need some pain relief. I also believe we do have to live with some kind of pain, we are all strong to live with these conditions! The weight, depression, and excersize, not for me. Yeah, those are contrbuting to my illness, but excersize (more than a short walk) is out for me. I'm so sick of hearing about my weight! urgh!!!!!!!
  6. misskoji

misskoji Member

7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

the Mayo Clinic did do a study showing that acupuncture can be helpful for people with Fibro. I don't know if they have taken the next step and are actually advocating it, though.

Kholmes