Has anyone been told that they have prolonged QT

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by morningsonshine, May 5, 2007.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Prolonged QT interval???

I have been told that certain ABX will be dangerous for me, yet my new Dr. seem to think i still have lymes affecting my nervous system and want to try intravenous rocephin in the future.

Has anyone else had this problem??

Thanks,
    MSS
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

My Igenex was negative in spite of having a documented tick bite in 2001. I have several positive Lyme specific bands. I wouldn't let a negative or IND test stop you from getting treatment. Can you post your test results here?

Because of an odd EKG, I was told that I had a heart attack. Then I had a stress test and no it was not my heart after all. The cardiologist said it was just costochondritis and blamed my underwire bra for the pain.

And so on. And so on. In depth tests come back normal but there was a cyst on my left kidney. Another one on my liver and possibly a 3mm cyst in my brain. A MRI shows
    white matter lesions. Nothing is ever normal with Lyme!
    There seems to be evidence that oral ABX works better than IV. Have you tried oral yet? Did you herx?

My LLMD believes that Rocephin attacks the gall bladder and many people have had to have theirs removed. For this reason he does not use it.[This Message was Edited on 05/08/2007]
  3. Chootik

Chootik New Member

I have not been diagnosed with a Pro-longed QT Interval, but I suspect that I am boarderline.

I have MVP and once when I was having Palpatations, I had an almost Pro-longed QT Interval and a U shape graph on the EKG which is I think an indication of a Pro-longed QT Interval.

Anyways, I am on Zithromax now, but did a lot of reaserch because it makes my Palpatations worse! I have to take Mag. for it.

Erithromycin and whole bunch of other ABX and other drugs are really bad and should be avoided by anyone who has a Pro-longed QT. I didn't know about Rocepin. I was thinking of asking the Doc for it, because I think Lyme is def. affecting my nerves system as well!

Oh well, I guess I need to find something else now.

By the way, what symptoms are you having? Heart Palps?

Good luck and keep us posted of what you do.

Chootik