has anyone been using the FFC long term? or in the past?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

There are a lot of posts from people having their first or second visit, so I was wondering, all you who have been using it longer or have used it in the past, how are you doing?

What improvements did you see, and over what kind of time period? Was the change permanent, or have some of your problems come back? What is your activity level now? Compared to how you were before?

Have you used the FFC beyond the innitial four appointments? Why?

What suppliments/medications that the FFC has started you on are you still taking today, and why?

Thank you. :) Any more information you could think of would be helpful. ((( )))
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I have been going since early May. Yes if you commit to the FFC it may take up to a year to get better! After the first visits you will be retested for some things and have your medications adjusted. I am doing really well and am not going back until the middle of November.

They may have to readjust depending on how you respond to different things they try. Like which sleep medication works ect... I tried Provigil which didn't work and setteled on Cymbalta. I tried treating my Adrenal fatigue with licorice drops but the retesting showed it was the same so I am taking Cortisol now.

The treatments are very individualized. I have yet to meet anyone who has the same set of issues and is on the exact same treatment. Just the fact that they retested and I got results like my Thyroid was completely normal now and I am on a good dose, and my NK cell activity had improved. My hypercoagulation had improved. That has been huge for me! Verifiable lab tested results!

I have met many people while in the waiting room or the Iv room and have only met one person who has been going over six months and is not seeng much improvement. However she was not doing most of what they have asked her to do and she was extremely negative. She was not following the diet recommendations. Not treating the Hypercoagulation, ect... I think you have a lot to do with your own recovery.

On the other hand I have met several people who were doing great. The Atlanta center has been open a year now and so they have successes. I have also heard and read about others doing simular things with others Drs and getting results. Mikie is a good example of that!

Try searching Wishingonastar, sarasmom, and chakle. They are almost never on the board because they are so much better and out busy living life!

I am happy to answer any other questions you may have!! I enjoy reading your posts and love you screen name! Good Luck! Lynn