Has Anyone Cut Out All White Sugar and Corn Syrup?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Jan 3, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Just wondering if anyone out there has done this and did it help you?

Kendra
  2. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I decided to do this, cold turkey. I also am cutting out all flour. I think it is going to be difficult, but I don't want to leave any stone unturned that might make me feel better. Not to mention, I am OVERWEIGHT by a lot...Jana

I will let you know how I am doing, if you are interested.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have an autistic son and if he has anything with corn syrup in it he gets terrible aches all over we used to think were RA pains. He is fine so long as no corn syrup. He has basically little white sugar. I hear Stevia is great substitute.

Cromwell
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I only occasionally used the above, but when I got this horrible flu, the worst symptom of overall achies would go crazy if I "touched" any kind of sugar, including fruit.

But I do remember if something was too sweet before, I'd get sick to my stomach. It speeds the body up, which can induce pain.

LIGHT********carole
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Kendra,
    I cut out sugar & corn surup ages ago. Any good fibro doc will tell you to do that. Unrefined sugars do increase pain. I really watch my diet and eat mostly organic. I have very manageable pain levels most of the time. Most day's I'm a 2-3. The only thing that disrupts that, is if I don't get a good night's sleep or come down with a bug.

I don't work tho, so that helps greatly. Anyone working is going to have a much harder time dealing with pain. Watching your diet is alway's a win, win.

K.
  6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Yes, for many years. No white sugar, no "organic" sugar, no honey, no molasses, no corn syrup, etc. I read my labels carefully, and eat about 95% organic, unprocessed foods. Also no wheat.

Yes, it has helped me. I used to have spikes of energy, then lows of fatigue. I've also had cancer, and sugar and processed foods are a no-no for that. I love eating wholesome foods, and no longer crave sweets, pastries, chocolate.

It has also made me more sensitive to the more subtle flavors of foods and spices. I say it's not "giving something up", it's gaining a world of good foods.

Best wishes,
    Hopeful4
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

thanks for the input..

Jana1-Yes I'm interested in if it helps you. You're not alone with the weight. I have a lot to lose too.

Hope4- Wow, That's great! I admire you and will have to ask you more questions about organic. I am really trying to use organic produce, dairy, meats, more and more. Yes, I can tell the difference in the freshness of the products.

Cromwell-That's interesing about the corn syrup. I read recently that many natural docs feel it is a scourge in our society because its in so many processed foods.

thanks everyone (even if I missed ya)

Kendra