Has anyone done the South Beach Diet?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by joyfully, Jul 19, 2004.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I've managed to put on a whopping 30 pounds over the past 4 months or so. I REALLY need to take it off since I have rheumatoid arthritis in my knees and ankles. Has anyone done this diet? How successful were you?

I need something that works. My rheumy told me NOT to go on the atkins diet. This south beach diet seems much more sensible. Any feedback would be appreciated. Joyfully
  2. bubbly-lady

bubbly-lady New Member

Hi joyfully, I had never heard of the south beach diet until our youth minister went on it. He lost about 70lbs in a matter of a few months - it was amazing! It all seemed quite drastic to me, so I'd advise you to be careful if you do go on it.

All the best!

bubbly-lady
  3. denisethebull

denisethebull New Member

that he swears by the South Beach Diet. I personally HATE diets, and I had a gastric bypass in December 2002. Diets are not for me. Now I eat small amounts and feel full. Good luck to you--before my gastric bypass, my knees were KILLING me. I've lost 175 pounds.
  4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Congratulations on the huge weight loss. I can see why your legs are doing much better after such a major weight loss.

The South Beach Diet isn't really a diet, it is a permanent change in eating habits. It seems to be working for everyone but me. I had my cholesterol checked earlier this week and it is UP to 279!!!!!!!!!!! YIPES. It was 263 before. I'm heading in the wrong direction. I haven't lost ANY weight on the "diet" yet. Everyone else is losing weight but me!!!!

So now the Dr. put me on Zocor (like I need one more drug to take). I don't sneak food, I don't eat greasy food, I've cut down on proportions and only eat the low glycemic carbs when I have carbs. I'm hoping the diet will soon begin to give me some positive results as I need to lose 25 pounds and REALLY lower my cholesterol.