Has Anyone Done Their Own Fundraiser?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Mar 10, 2006.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

Or has anyone done a fundraiser for you? If you have done one, can you tell me how to get started? I hate to have to do this, but I really do not have much choice if my disability does not go through next month. I am thinking about doing one just because, well, I'm sure a lot of you are dealing with the same issues. I have not been able to work for a long time now and financially, we are really struggling. Plus, my medical bills for last year were $10,000, and that is just what we had to pay. My husband has good insurance, but the F & F Centers, while very helpful, are expensive, and our insurance does not pay very much towards these. Also, the trip for me is long - 2 1/2 hours each way, the gas, and turnpike polls. When I first started going over a year ago, I would drive up the night before and stay over, but we can't even afford the hotel stays anymore so now I have to do it all in one day.

I figured bare minimum this year will be about the same when I include gas and tolls, and to be able to stay over night so I don't have to make the trip all in one day.