Has anyone else been in any Clinical trials for fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hurts2003, Sep 16, 2005.

1. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

Has anyone been in any clinical trials for fibro? I'm thinking about tring one for Cymbalta but I'm not real sure if I should. I'm surposed to go to regular MD on Wed. to get wiened off the effexor and trazadone that I'm on now. I have to be drug free from all of those before I can start the study. I haven't talked to regular MD yet to get his opinion of this. I guess I will go with his advise. Just wanted to know if anyone else has done something like this and how it went for them.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I've been thinking about going on the "Pregabalin study on FMS pain" but am leaning to not doing it due to the severe protocol. On this study, I would also have to discontinue my pain meds and certain other meds that help me to get good sleep. I most likely would be disqualified in the earlier phases of the trial. In addition, the drive once a week one plus hour away from home would mean a 1/2-day trip and 1/2 day missed from work. Plus, I worry that if I have increased pain or problems with sleep that the trial may interfere with my work, and at this point, I can't afford to loose work days. Be sure to read the protocol carefully before deciding to do the trial. Good luck whichever way to you!

Warm wishes,

Jeannette
  3. sitiva

sitiva New Member

I am in third day of trial. I am so much improved already.
    Slept 7 1/2 hours last night! Very minimal pain and the burning is gone. Hardly any stiffness today.
    I have found it to make me a little sleepy at certain times of the day and the first day was like a feeling of "not real" (is the only way I can explain it)

I have not, so far had any bad side effects, other that that first day and that didn't last but a couple of hours.

I am so glad to get this relief!!