Has anyone else joined Curves?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Roseecoop, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Roseecoop

Roseecoop New Member

I heard that it was a real easy workout. My doctor even mentioned it to me. I usually walk for exercise but I live in NY and in the winter I normally don't walk much. In fact I will think of every excuse NOT to walk. The weather is too hot or too cold etc..........

So, I figured if I paid to go somewhere that I would do it because I wouldn't want to waste the money. I bought a one year membership and went twice before I actually bought it to make sure it would be okay. Well, it's been a few weeks now and I am at the point where I can barely move beccause of my back. I hurt my back on one of their workout machines but don't know which one.

There are two machine that I already avoid but can't figure out which one or pretty much all of them combined hurt my back. Anyhoo, just wondering if anyone else has joined or belonged to Curves at one point and had a LOT of intense pain and I don't know whether to continue with it and eventually the pain will go away or to try to get my money back by getting a note from my doctor which is the only way to get out of their contract.
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

it's exactly like curves but just a different name
    I went to it 3 times a week for a month, I had to quit it because I was in so much pain, I joined the Holiday Inn where they have a small exercise room but I mostly use the treadmill and I am able to use the pool and whrilpool. the pool is alot better for me as it carries my weight...not only do I get the exercise I need in the pool I am losing weight (YAY). If I were you I would not continue with it, you can get a Dr's note to get you out of the contract BUT you will not be able to get any money back as I was not able to. But you can try...Good Luck.
    Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2006]
  3. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i go to the local bally's but i've had to be careful what i do there. i can use the eliptical machines without a problem (kinda like low impact running in place). but i can't really use many of the weight machines without causing myself severe pain. the worst were the ab machines, i used those like i used to and had severe abdominal cramps for almost 2 weeks. i won't be aking that mistake again. but i still try to keep going even if i can only workout for 10-30 minutes just so i can try to keep my body moving, i just have to be really careful a take it slow.
    rachel
  4. kch64

kch64 New Member

Is the edit/delete under your name on the left hand side?

That's so if you want to make changes, you can go back under the edit and make changes.

OR if you want to delete all together, you can hit delete.

Hope I helped.

Kendra
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi again.

Yes, we all have it. Everytime we post. You can only see it on your, because those are the only ones you can change.

You can't remove them.

Kendra
  6. jacampbell

jacampbell New Member

It always amazes me that there are still newbies that don't know something about posting on boards.

Then I remember that I didn't know squat when I first started out and I had great people like kch64 to help me out.

Thanks to kch64 for being patience and helping and not responding with sarcasm.

Post on, sassy!! You will get the hang of this and be an old pro in no time.

7. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I was having a bunch of pain in my hips when I first started but they have gotten so much better. I have really enjoyed it. I am sure it's not for everyone. I haven't had any trouble with the machines. I have days where I ache afterwards,and it took my body awhile to get accostomed to working out, but it has been a godsend to me. And I have lost weight. Maybe you should try water aerobics with less impact. I had trouble with it because of the watre temp, I have Raynauds also, so if the water was too cool it hurt me intensly. Best wishes.
  8. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

The Curves hear in Syracuse isn't the best. They offer circuit training on the machines and that's it. No yoga/pilates classes (which has helped me tremendously) or pool.

Circuit training means several fast reps on each machine and then quickly move to the next machine. I personally hate machines.

I joined a women's focused gym that offers pilates and yoga classes that have me at a very slim 120 pounds and my abs are like steel at age 50. I was at a point one time with this dang illness that I did not have the strength to roll over in bed by myself or go to the bathroom 5 feet away from my bed.....home health aides assisted me with this.

In my case yoga, pilates, and walking (agree with you on these long NY winters) has been my savior.

best wishes always........foxglove