Has anyone else noticed their pressure points more?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Iam1ShadyLady, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

I have been diagnosed since 2004, suffered longer than that. At first I didn't know where my pressure points are. When the dr examined me I had 15 out of 18. Now I can feel the pain radiating from the ones in my neck and shoulders. I can feel exactly where they are and I have had hubby push them just to make sure and I almost screamed it hurt so bad. Had anyone else noticed this? I have most of my pain in my neck and shoulders and lower back. Just curious.

2. CKater

CKater New Member

Yes Shell,
    I have that all the time. Of all pressure points my shoulders and arms are the most pronounced. They hurt almost all the time. I use moist heat on them, and that seems to help some.
  3. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

But sorry others are going through it too. The ones in my neck and shoulder are killing me lately!!!! I wonder if they can inject tender points like they can trigger points>?????
  4. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

I find the 2 at the back of my head always hurt and I need to press them or get my hubby to press and hold them and then release to prevent headaches - it often feels like they need draining an although it hurts when I press them I can prevent a headache coming on if I start to feel them.

I also have a bunch all over my head that need pressing and hurt amongst the others in our bodies.

I do find that if my hubby can press and hold for 10 seconds and then release that it feels better but it depends how much they hurt in th first place!

Most of my pain is in my head, neck, shoulders and back.
  5. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

Have you noticed that the pain is much more draining when you have had a poor quality sleep. That's the time it's worse for me. Massage can be a help.
  6. Iam1ShadyLady

Iam1ShadyLady New Member

I wonder if that is where the flu feeling comes from? I wonder too if they have done any testing on the pressure points to see if there is toxin buildup in them or maybe fluid buildup? I'd be interested to know.