Has anyone ever experienced this with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caffeinenut, Jul 7, 2006.

1. caffeinenut

caffeinenut New Member

Does anyone ever get all of a sudden shaky and hot? It's happened to me before and I always figured it was because I was 41 and maybe getting hot flashes. Sometimes I think it's because I need to eat and at times it helps it go away but this time it isn't. I'm just wondering if it could be part of FM?

Thanks!
    Susan
  2. darvick

darvick New Member

It could be hot flashes. I had a historectomy in 89 but still get night sweats. I think its the fibro and pain but ask your doc if its too problematic. Soy tablets work also.
    Hugs
    Darlene

3. caffeinenut

caffeinenut New Member

Thanks for the input. My mother had a hysterectomy when she was 31 so I can't use her to get an idea of when women in my family started menopause.

I'm going back to docs Tuesday so I'll add it to my list of things to ask.

Thanks!
    Susan
  4. caffeinenut

caffeinenut New Member

I've already been to that site...very informative. My sugar used to always run very low (my average non fasting was in the low 60s). My dad was diabetic so watching our sugar was always a priority. My last test showed a fasting glucose of 104. I imagine if it's dipping down from 104 it could certainly cause the shakes. Something else to ask about...lol.

Thanks for your quick response!
    Susan
  5. lorraine50

lorraine50 New Member

Can you please tell me more about hot sweats or night sweats.. I have night sweats but I don't know i'm like it until I wake. when I wake i'm soaked. my clothes and sometimes the sheets are wet...I never get hot and throw the covers off in the heat of the moment like i've heard from some people. I can wake 3-4 times and be wet..If i'm on my side sleeping when I wake and put my hand up there is a little hole between my shoulder and neck from the way I sweat. and it has water there I can put a finger there and feel how deep the water is...my granddaughter says it's gross nan.. she sleeps with me.
    anyone help
    thanks