Has anyone ever felt guilty for having a good day ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lrning2cope, Sep 4, 2008.

1. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I went to my doctor today and she said that I was moving around well and that my pain had gone way down . She said maybe I didn't need my pain meds. I told her that I was having a good day and that I had about 2 good days a month. I convinced her not to lessen my pain meds , but I felt guilty that she thought I didn't really have that much pain.

This happened on the day I had my appeal with the judge and I "faked " being in more pain like my usual days so that he could see how much pain I usually endure. Boy , did that make me feel guilty and I don't fake well either.

Has anyone had a good day and thought " Maybe they are right and I am making too much of this. Of course on my really bad days I think that I was silly to think this of myself , but it happens.

I hope i explained this well . Foggy me.

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

This is what makes this dd so fustrating.

You have a good day and everyone assumes your ok. The ole "well you did it yesterday" syndrome!

Good for you for doing what you knew was best for you and don't feel guilty either. As you know tm could be bad and then you wouldnt have meds or benefits.

LOL the ole if I push harder suck it up trip!
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

maybe not guilty, per se, but I know what you mean. I don't wanna say too much about it, but I don't want to fake it either. I am afraid that if I am fine one day and not the next I will hear about it or the day that I feel like crap everyone will expect me to do what I did the days I felt good. So, yes, I hear you. Isn't this DD FANTASTIC??? :p. Like we did not have enough to worry about already!