Has anyone ever had any pain relief from a copper bracelet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tgrier, Sep 13, 2005.

1. tgrier

tgrier New Member

I'm new to this site so this question might have already been posted, but I've heard from some people that these bracelets help. Has anyone ever used them or know anything about them? Thanks
    Terry
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

tgrier ... I wonder about that one ... and the "Q-Ray" one they advertise a lot on TV .. all these people saying it makes such a difference .. but .. like they say too " a sucker is born evey minute" ??? ...
  3. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I have been using a Copper Braclet now for a few years.

I reckon its helping with my Arthritis as I would be a lot worse.

Mary
  4. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I fear I would need a copper body suit:)

Kelly
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

magnetic bracelets, necklaces, etc, etc? Do they work?
  6. orachel

orachel New Member

look too good to be true, doesn't it? I'm willing to try just about anything non invasive that doesn't cost a fortune. Got nothing to lose, right? And not like you can have a bad side effect from something external, right?

A coworker's mom has Lyme/Rheumatoid/FM and she swears by MAGNET THERAPY. I know like nothing about it, but she's offered to let me borrow a bunch of her magnets (I guess they're special in some way? I dunno. Apparently you tape them to aching bits, and it helps almost immediately. Shes also lending me a Magnetic Mattress. I can't imagine what thats about...think its like a single person mattress pad with magnets in it? Of course, if it works well (or at all!) I'll post more info here.

Don't know about the copper. Probably next time I see a late night Qray add I'll give into the temptation to give it a whirl. Anyone ever use that specific brand?
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

They did not work for me.Had them on for about 8 months .No help.

Sue
  8. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

are suppose to be a good thing for osteoarthritis, but I've tried it and it did nothing. My oa is very bad in both hands... infact had thumb joint replaced last Nov..
    rrsbaby
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and she said they helped her hands. She had OA and her granddaughter (me) does, too. Now, I don't know if it did or not because I was young and healthy and didn't think a thing about illness. Never thought I'd ever be sick.

Live and learn. So, that's my only experience with them. I did buy a pair of magnetetic insoles and I really don't think they do a thing. My feet still hurt.

My grandmother lived to be 90...I was 45 when whe died about 12 years ago. She never had an operation and even though she had high blood pressure, high cholesterol and was very bad about taking her meds (only when she thought she might have a hard day), she lived a long, productive life. Got to be something in that, don't you think?

Anyway, thanks for the thought. I'll check to see if anyone thinks these items help.

Sue
  10. ontariogirl

ontariogirl New Member

the copper one just left a green ring around my wrist which was very hard to get rid of.

The magnetic one made the joints of the arm I had it on ache something awful after wearing it for few hours--really a shame cause it is a pretty piece of jewelry.

I know lots of people swear by all the magnetic things you can buy (some of it is quite costly) but I didn't have any positive results from using them.

Marlene
  11. kevieb

kevieb New Member

i have a friend with arthritis that says her copper bracelets help her. she didn't realize they helped until she quit wearing them. i once read an article---wish i could tell you where---it gave an explaination as to why they work. there really is a scientific reason. it has something to do with a specific organ in our body----i'm sure my very vague explaination is alot of help.LOL!!
    christine
  12. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

a friend loaned me one and it felt wonderful to sleep on it, really helped the pain, too bad I had to give it back, they are fairly expensive so I can't buy one
    Sue
  13. JimB

JimB New Member

Made SURE it had a money back Guarantee.

It did nothing.
    (It supposedly reverses ions or something).

Got my money back. (After I threatened).

Jim
  14. tgrier

tgrier New Member

Thanks everyone.
  15. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

a copper bracelet on my left arm and have done for 4 yrs on the same wrist a copper torque bracelet with two magnets have had that for about 3 .5 yrs and on the right arm a bead bracelet with 5 magnets around it have had that for a week and a turquise (sp) bead bracelt as the chinese use that colour for health had that for nearly a year.

and i can safely say,no better no worse. i like them so they stay.
  16. Tiels

Tiels New Member

a magnetic bracelet. It works for me. When weather fronts are coming, my right wrist hurts from a break when I was a kid.

Everyone is different, and their pains are caused from different things. I got my bracelet at a pharmacy for 4.95 and found one at a thrift store for 57 cents! ;)

17. JackieDH

JackieDH New Member

Try looking on ebay you may find a matress cover a lot cheaper.
    Jackie
  18. steve69h

steve69h New Member

But have magnets in my shoes and sleep on a magnet bed and pillow and use a magnet massager and I'll tell ya they work great for me and yes they cost alot but i say they are worth it. Steve