Has anyone ever had MRSA?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lyricraine, Oct 20, 2008.

1. lyricraine

lyricraine New Member

After I was diagnosed with FM and CFS, I got real sick, ran a high fever, and was then hospitalized for 9 days....I had a huge flesh eating boil on my cheek. I had dementia real bad, and didn't even know who I was or wher I was. Now, I get them about every six months and have to go back into the hospital.

2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

It took about 2 years for me to finally have it clear up.
    It gets Colonized on you, sort of like being doormant, but it can reoccur, if your not careful.

I wash my Clothing, bedding and towels seperate from my hubby's.

My Sis who lives with us, also had it, we think she was the one who spread it to me and one of our Brothers.
    He did pass away, he also had other health issues, but on his DC they listed MARSA as one of the causes,

Main thing it to keep your nose clean, sounds funny, huh?
    But that is where the MARSA lives according to my IFD Dr.

In fact that is where the "Boil" (it isn't one but looks like one) appeared, and my whole right side of my face, looked like I had a stroke.

I was on 2 different ABX's, but I couldn't tolerate that, so they cut my dosage, and that did help.

I too felt like i had been in a Delireum (sp).
    Like i was going through a Foggy tunnel, and the Pain was horrible, there were times I thought I wouldn't make it.

But I did, and the sore's, that I had, are mostly scars now, I do keep some Ointment on hand, for any, new sore, or cut's, its a Bactrin (sp) and you need an rx for it.
    Works good.

You can also, use Neosporin, be sure to rub a little in the front of your Nostrils, and also, if you have any ear problems, use a bit of Baby oil, on the outside of the eardrun, not inside.
    Mine got real bad and I had to go to the ENT Dr. to get it cleaned out.

I wear gloves for all my house chores, and when fixing my food.
    My hubby and my sis, each fixes their own, we have our own Plates, bowls, utensils, etc.
    Thank goodness for Dishwashers.

I hope your battle with this disease, gets better, it's not fun, and with our other conditions, it's even worse.

I recently lost a Classmate, to that Flesh Eatting Bacteria.
    She had been gardening, and got stuck by her rose bush.
    She didn't clean her hand, and made the Big mistake of cleaning her Aquirmain with out gloves,

She fought that battle for months, had operations, that only delayed the bacteria for awhile.
    She was a Beautiful person, and it broke my heart to find out about her.

So for thoes, who have Immune problems it's really important to Wash your Hands, and make sure thoes around you do too.

What med's, have you been treated with.?
    I found that the one that Finally got rid of it, sort of, is Doxycyclin, one of the earlier ABX.s
    go figure, they used the Big guns, and it helped, but a good old stand by worked for me,

Good luck, and let us know how your doing.
  3. jole

jole Member

Kristy, I'm sorry to butt into your post, but I do have a question for Rocky and wanted to get his attention.

Okay, I've never had MRSA, but my mother did before she died of cancer. It was in her urinary tract. They were suprised that her kidneys didn't fail until the end.

I was quite suprised that the hospital didn't take more precautions.....they said that since it was in her urinary tract the only thing we really had to worry about was not touching anything that might have urine on it.

There are different kinds, as you know, and I may be wrong but I think the respiratory kind is the only one that shows up in the nose. Someone is welcome to correct me on this if I'm wrong and I won't be offended.

Otherwise, it is definitely wise to keep all clothing, etc. away from others in the home by washing seperately. You are doing a great job! It's definitely not an easy thing to get rid of, but it is possible.

ROCKY - I've read other posts about colloidal silver and would like to try it, but don't know where to get it. Could you help me out? I think the above article is interesting, but it sounds like it is a specially derived silver, and not a simple colloidal silver product. Am I right? Not that a colloidal silver wouldn't help.

I wish everyone with MRSA the very best. It has to be the worst feeling not knowing when it's going to rear it's ugly head again, and constantly taking precautions for the safety of others. Bless you all ***Jole***
  4. misskoji

misskoji Member

Well I shouldn't say recovered, but his initial infecion has almost all cleared up. And it was scary and took a few different Dr. visits to get a dx. Luckily, no other infection has flared up (crossing our fingers).

I can't remember who posted about there being different kinds, but as far as I know, there is just one kind, but it can affect any part of the body. So it may present as a boil, a respitory infection, ect. And it colonizes in the nasal passages. So that's where it waits, until it is spread. Some people take years to completely rid themselves of it, while others only have the one outbreak, or even none (being carriers only).

We were told like the others to use anti biotics on any new skin breakages in the skin, wash our clothes in warm or hot water and dry thoroughly. And no nose picking or scratching, ect. It's kinda hard not to scratch your nose, but you catch yourslf when you become aware you are doing it.

Good luck Kristy, I really hope it clears up once and for all for you. Just be sure to keep a close eye on your skin and nose and be mindfull of fevers.