Has anyone ever used Himalayan Bath Salts?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Sep 21, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Was just wondering. I have heard and read that himalayan sp? salts are one of the best salts there are. They are full of rich minerals. Someone bought me a bag today and I am anxious to try them. They are a bit on the expensive side though. The bag that was given to me was about the size of a sandwhich ziplock bag and the price was 20.00.

The directions said to put a cupful into the bath water and soak for about 20 min. or so, and do not dry off with a towel. Directions said to wait 20 min. after you get out of the tub in order to get full benefits.

Geeez, what in the world am I supposed to do for 20 min. in the bathroom after I get out of the tub, if I can't dry off. Guess I'll just sit somewhere comfortably or continuue laying in the tub with no water for 20 min. Anybody ever used this type of salt and if so, could you tell any difference in the way you felt afterward. (Painwise)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2006]
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

but not for a bath i didnt even know they made bath salt. i paid like 40.00 for 5 lbs it is a lot of money charlene
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Yes I have used them to soak in but rarely due use it due to the cost. I purchased a set of Himalayan salts. One box was used in the kitchen, one to make a salt sole to drinks, and the others to soak in the tub. You are supposed to soak at the time of different moon phases to get a better result.

I can't remember all the directions. It had a book with the kit I purchased. Do a Google search for Himalayan Crystal Salt. You want to view the one that says all salts are not equal. It has lots of info and a video that you can watch. I just found the site again. Has good info.
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

The himalayan crystal bath salts are a light pink color. So, maybe the kind you eat is the same kind you soak in. I used them last night for the first time, but could not tell much difference in my pain. I put a cup, like the directions said and I did not towel dry. Maybe they detoxed me somewhat though, I don't know. Directions said not to towel dry in order to get the best absorption benefits from them.

Kriket
  5. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Yep, I use them in the bath and also bought table salt off the same people. I bought mine off trademe, (ebay in your country) - I'm in nz and someone imports it here 3 bags for $20.00 which is only about $10.00 US money.
    They are pink in colour too and it says on my packet to only use 3 times a week!
    Not sure what would happen if you used it more!!!

I can't say they make me feel fantastic or anything after a bath, baths always help my body feel a bit better when nothing else can. Although I didn't know about the not toweling dry.........will try that next time and see how I feel. I will keep using them while they are affordable. Maybe you can buy them cheaper on ebay over there.
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Thanks for that info. I will check it out. Wonder what gives the pink color?

Kriket
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

The manufacturer of the Himalayan Crystal Salt that has a book written about it and research done is American BlueGreen. The website is very informative. You will find the answer to all your questions there. I found it quite interesting.

I have used the salt to cook with for quite some time. As I said before I use it to bath in only on occasion due to cost. I normally use Dead Sea Salts and Epsom Salt.