Has anyone every "failed" neuro exam?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizajane40, Jan 18, 2006.

1. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Help!

I've been experiencing some new symptoms and escalation of symptoms as of late. Being that I didn't feel like I was in a flare, I decided to go in and have a doctor check me out. I saw a doctor within the office I usually go to, but had not seen her before.

She gave me a neuro exam, I lost my balance turning and walking (new to me) had trouble following her finger with my eyes and worst of all my toes pointed upward when the bottom of my foot was stroked. This is called "babinski's reflex" and it indicates a problem within the nervous system and is a sign of MS.

I need to know if anyone has had this occur and what was ultimately found out. I am going to have to see a neurologist for some more in depth testing relating to a possible MS diagnosis. I'm pretty scared. It's one thing to have Fibro and maintain a certain level of daily living, but MS is degenerative and this scares me to death.
  2. darude

darude New Member

I don't have positive Babinski and the only thing I couldn't do was hope on one foot. Had 2 mris and they found pituitary tumour and 40 lesions. Neuro said NOT MS!! I'm having a third MRI shortly so lets hope we all have good news. Keep in touch. there are a lot of reasons for pos Babinski other than MS. some better and some worse.

Higs Annie the Londoner
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2006]
  3. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know how your visit goes. I wish the very best for you. I'll let you know what happens when I see the neuro.