has anyone experienced form of seizure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skyzone, Aug 9, 2005.

1. skyzone

skyzone New Member

Hello,
    I am wondering if there is anyone with this illness who has had what my neurologist diagnosed as a form of seizure?
    I totally fog out and do not remember any of it? Thanks for any feedback you may have. It's really scary!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope they will reply to your post.

Many of us have seizure activity which causes anxiety, sensory overload, RLS, insomnia, muscle spasms, and tinnitus. I take Klonopin, an antiseizure med, for these symptoms and it has been a God send for me.

Love, Mikie
  3. glaye

glaye New Member

I have had two car wrecks....totaled my car the first time. I had a feeling of loss of control in my thoughts. I would then wake up or come to. I have been talking to a client or an employee. I fall to the floor and those arould me said I make a few snorting sounds then get up and continue what i was doing. I have spent thousands of dollars on tests for seziures, heart, diabetic tests, then finely a sleep study. I sleep with a CPAP machine and my life is great in compared to my life before CPAP.
    Good luck to you. Gigi
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

When my gp sent me to a neuro to varify the fibrom diagnoses he did an EEG and discovered I have been having seizures. I just didn't know what they were.

I have petit mal seizures. Don't fall or anything like that. Zone out for a few seconds and then just take up where I left off. Sometimes I feel I can't breath or swallow and blackness is closing in around me. Then it just goes away.

The duration of the seizures has been greatly decreased by the use of Lamictal (sp).

It was a relief to know what was going on, but also was a scary diagnosis.

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Skyzone:
    I have seizures and take Depakote and Klonopin and Neurontin for them. I do not know whether it is related to CFS/FM. My neurologist said it is not related. I had seizures well before CFS/FM. Who really knows, though?
    I can not pinpoint an exact date when I actually got these diseases because I suffered with the symptoms first and got diagnosed years later.
    NyroFan
  6. techno

techno New Member

Hi Skyzone.....
    I get them too.
    It usually comes at the wrong moment , like when I'm in the
    grocery store and I phase out for a while.
    Can't think or talk properly and feel spaced out and weak.

I think it is caused by my low blood pressure which causes
    a lack of blood flow to the brain.
    The low blood pressure is caused by dysfunction of the
    autonomic nervous system.(fibro)
    Comes and goes in an intermittent fashion.

7. techno

techno New Member

8. skyzone

skyzone New Member

Hi Techno,
    Coll name..........Thanks for the feedback. I'm wondering if you take any meds for these episodes? I'm skepical about any more meds and am getting "what for" from my doc. Any insight? Thanks
    Skyzone