Has anyone experienced neck pressure in the back of neck?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lv2sing, Oct 11, 2006.

1. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

I developed this symptom about 2 months ago, have never had it before. I do not have stiffness or anything. My neck will just start feeling strange, & if I tilt it forward, it makes the feeling worse. The only thing that seems to help momentarily is to tilt my head back, & it helps relive the pressure. No headache w/ it or anything. Just lots of pressure. Can't really describe it any other way. I have fibro, sjogrens, OA, DDD, & I think I might have RA now. I'm in between Rheumys, I fired my last one, he was a pompous jerk. Because HE was the doctor, he knew everything, & I knew nothing. Never mind that I have diagnosed most of my illneses myself, & have had to educate doctors about the sjogrens because they had never met anyone w/ it. Please let me know if anyone has has anything similar. Thanks! PS - No high blood pressure
  2. tobelct

tobelct Guest

Wondering if you are having the same sinsation as I am.
    Im not sure I would use the word pressure. I think..... IM not sure.... well it almost a numb feeling but not quite. It might be a swelling feeling but not eally. It could be tingling but not really.... Im like you at a loss to discribe it. Any way it comes and goes, and it doesn't really hurt just kind of strange. Does this sound like yours.. Oh ya mine is not in my neck it is a little farther down almost in my shoulder blades but not quite.

Tobelct
  3. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

Very hard to describe. Mine almost feels like swelling in my spine right at the top of my shoulders with lots of pressure.Tilting my head back does seem to relieve it a little. Mine has been going on for a couple months now. Hopefully someone knows what it is....HUGS...Mick!!
  4. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

just pressure directly in the lower & mid neck area, no tingling or anything. It's just really weird. I had actually ran across something by accident , that this was a symptom of MS. But so many MS things coincide w/ fibro I brush it off as a fibro thing. That would be all we need---another "thing" wrong w/ us! If anyone else gets this & finds out what it is, or you think you might know, write back! Thanks everyone!
  5. tobelct

tobelct Guest

I thought of the word swelling too. Like something swells. but man is it wierd. But it seems like mine comes and goes. And I can actually feel it swell out in diffrent dirctions.

Tobelct
  6. monamea

monamea New Member

Hi, I too have the same problem. It starts at the top of the neck and you can feel it go down and down to the top of my shoulders, it hurts so bad that I am afraid to move my head. Yes, it helps to bring your head back it eases some and than I get a real bad headache. Do you also have a throbing in the neck? It's like I can hear my heart beat with every throb. I'm finding that it is happening more and more. Do you get dizzy if you move your head to fast?

It's a pain in the butt and I wish I could hand it to someone else (like my husband) so that he would know how I feel and that I am not faking it.

Try to have a good day!