has anyone filed for ssdi in CT?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pammy52, Jul 17, 2006.

1. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

I know the procedure should be the same for every state but I am curious if anyone from CT has filed and how it went.
    Also did you get approval based on your disability related to your fibro or were other issues the deciding factor.
    Such as depression...even tho your primary dx. is fibro.

I know of one person who lives in MA. who filed due to her inability to work due to her fibro but it wasn't until the depression card was played that she finally got approved.
    That was obviously the more accepted reason for disability in her situation..not the cognitive issues or physical limitations her fibro was responsible for...hence her depression.

I think it would be interesting to see if there is a diff. in the approval time from state to state.

Thanks,
    Pammy
  2. Jessa34

Jessa34 New Member

3. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

4. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Jan and skeesix.

Some days I feel as tho filing is the last thing I could see myself doing and other days I see it as the only option I have.

Jan..Suffield is over an hour drive for me..so I doubt I would travel that far..unless I took time off from work.

I read your bio and it sounds as tho we are in about the same place as far as struggling to make it all work.

Did you find going to a support group helpful?
    There aren't any close enough to me and sometimes I wish I had a group to share the ups and downs with.

If you decide to go to a meeting in Suffield could you let me know?
    I might try to arrange things so I could go too.
    Thanks, Pammy
  5. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

Thanks so much for posting again.

Honestly it is just be chance I found your response tonite.
    I am rarely up this late but have an upset stomach so am browsing here while I wait for it to settle down.

Too bad about the support group. I am sure it is a hit or miss thing and not everyone is going to click.

Earlier this week I sent an email to someone who heads up a group in MA.. It would be about a 50 min. drive for me.
    Unfortunately I haven't received a response yet.

I would consider trying to get a group going for this area.
    I know of several people who have fibro but I don't know them well enough to just call them up and chat.

I definitely would like to connect with you...email for starters..and possibly we could come up with a plan to go to the group in Suffield somewhere down the line.

If you go into the chat rooms at all we can try to connect there.
    I don't go often because it gets overwhelming but let me know if you are interested in hooking up there.

Hope you are holding up with this heat. Ridiculous isn't it?

Hugs, Pammy
  6. pammy52

pammy52 New Member