Has anyone found treatment for high cortisol levels which spike at night?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jjacknin5, Nov 27, 2008.

1. jjacknin5

jjacknin5 New Member

HI, I've had CFS for 16 years and need to get my cortisol right and restore my adrenal function. My cortisol runs above normal in the morning, dips in the afternoon, and spikes about 10pm thru the night! I can't fall asleep and then have no energy in the morning. Please help with suggestions that helped you.
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

..is usually the early stages of Adrenal Fatigue. I had high cortisol at night (or I assume i did) for years. It started with low morning energy, then would get better as the day went on. By the last few years I had almost non existent energy through most of the day with a completely reversed sleeping pattern (about 6-7am till 2-3pm), because my adrenals would only kick in at night after being brain dead and tired all day.

I now have full blown adrenal insufficiency, but i had 7 years building up to it before this year, of the bad sleep patterns / high night energy etc.

I never tried it as I found out about it later on, but a popular supp used for high cortisol is called Seriphos - works well to bring the levels down and is often used at night for this reason, to help sleep well with lower cortisol levels, bringing down the effect of the '2nd wind'.

Hope it works for you. ~Chris.

3. panthere

panthere Member

I would suggest reading this book if you haven't already http://www.amazon.com/Adrenal-Fatigue-Century-Stress-Syndrome/dp/1890572152/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227902758&sr=8-1

They have some good suggestions.

I am in the same position as you. I have found that chiropractor really helps with adrenal fatigue. She also suggested I do qi gong for it which I haven't tried yet. Also, I started doing adrenal cortical extract (ACE) shots with B12. The shots have been super helpful to me. My doctor also suggested taking phosphatidylserine before going to sleep. I haven't found that to be helpful, but maybe you need to take it for a long time before seeing results. And of course, resting is the best remedy ;-)

[This Message was Edited on 11/28/2008]