HAS ANYONE FROM TX EVERY WON SSA FOR FIBRO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babygirl44, Sep 15, 2006.

1. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

Hello i would like to know if anyone has ever won a claim for disability for fibro that lives in tx i'm finding that it is very hard hear for disability.
  2. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

need reply
  3. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

4. findmind

findmind New Member

Hi, babygirl. Read some of your posts, and know you need help, girl!

Yes, many in TX have received SSI and/or SSDI.

SSI is income to help you live while you are being evaluated for SSDI; SSI includes Medicaid benefits for health care.

SSDI takes longer to get, but with your additional medical problems, you would probably be approved.

Have you figured out the "getting to Austin" problem? Your atty will be getting about $4,000 from SS for representing you, so he is your employee and you need to tell him what you need him to do...have a wheelchair and taxi at bus station when you arrive!!

He should pay for it, too! Is there by any chance a train station near you? Amtrak? Might be easier than a bus, I'm thinking.

Don't be worried; you seem to have a good case and the best thing you can do is be honest and true to yourself and let the judge and occupational professional and psychiatric professional there know just how bad your life is with FM.

They have heard it before, believe me, so good luck and let us know how it goes, ok?

We care! (By the way, or BTW, your grandbaby is adorable!)

findmind

5. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

My doctors and I did not frame it as FM only, as many of us have many problems within the umbrella of FM, which are fully PROVABLE, AND SSDI LOVES THOSE EXPENSIVE, HIGH-TECH TESTS.

I suffered a back and pelvis injury, which along with the FM just ended it for me.

However, many who have FM have back problems.

I had an MRI and EMG's which proved the back and leg problems, and a sleep lab which demonstrated the non-rstorative sleep, WHICH CAN'T BE DISPUTED AND THE COGNITIVE AND MEMORY AND FATIGUE, ETC. are well documented with it, along with hypothyroid, had become depressed, and I had one of those two-day tests administered by physical therapists, where they test lifting, bending, walking, step-climbing, getting down and getting up, and lifting over one's head, etc, and other dexterities, and then the second day usually demonstrates that if we struggle and finally make it through day one, THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN RECOVER TO GET THROUGH DAY TWO. The PT's are eagle eyes and they can spot faking from a mile away, so a really good report from them carries tons of weight with SSDI, as well.

The second day, I couldn't walk, lift, walk up steps, and couldn't get down or up without great assistance either day, and lifting above my head, forget it, and I was obviously flustered mentally into the end of the first day and forget the second day.

I was an Advanced Nurse Practitioner and a Nurse Anesthetist and we had to LIFT, TUG, PULL, CLIMB INTO THOSE HIGH FRACTURE BEDS AND INTUBATE AND ANESTHETIZE PATIENTS, and resuscitate, and MOST OF ALL DO THESE COMPLEX MEDICAL COMPUTATIONS FOR DRUG DOSAGES. WHO WANTS SOMEONE PUTTING THEM TO SLEEP WHO CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY HAVE GIVEN OR HAVEN'T GIVEN, AND WHO CAN'T MAKE THOSE COMPUTATIONS IN THE SHORT PERIOD OF TIME WE HAD TO RESPOND TO THE SITUATIONS?

I had gone from an IQ in genius, to DUH, as I used to have contests with my students, who all used calculators, on computing drugs, body indexes, body mass, cardiac outputs, etc. and always won computing it in my head. Suddenly, I couldn't remember whether I had breakfast, much less do that math.

When I asked the disability company if they wanted someone giving them or their family members an anesthetic who had deteriorated physically and mentally, from the sleep disorder, the injury, and the pain, THEY GOT THE POINT, AND SO DID SSDI.