Has anyone gone to the DALLAS TEXAS FFC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Please tell me about your experience at the Dallas FFC. I have read most of the posts on FFC and am interested in people's experiences at the Dallas center only.

Thank you

Lolalee
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

3. intrigue

intrigue New Member

Yup!

I've been seeing Dr Kippels since Oct of last year. I posted an update after nearly each one of my appointments. You can either seach for "Dallas FFC" or "FFC Dallas", and you'll get my posts along with a few others.

First, I'll give you the good news:
    I feel like I am 80-90% better for my treatments.

I've been treated mostly for mycoplasma and ebv. I am just now finishing up my four month course of anti-biotics and anti-viral meds. Then I get to stop taking them and see what happens. I am looking forward to getting re-tested in the upcoming months and see how my lab work will have changed.

The doctors are very nice and the lab staff is wonderful.

Now, here's the bad news:
    Going to the FFC IS expensive. It is NOT an overnight cure. You need to give them 6 mo to a year to see results, and they WILL make you feel worse before you feel better.

I was really really REALLY sick around x-mas time. Some people have stronger reactions than others. "I" am a big huge weenie when it comes to ANYTHING medical. :)

Hope this helps, good luck!
    Ellen