has anyone had a bad reaction to ashwagandha?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolphin67, Feb 5, 2007.

1. dolphin67

dolphin67 New Member

I tried 1 capsule yesterday for the first time because I had read so many good things about it. I had a horrible night. I woke up after only 2 hours of sleep feeling very anxious and wired. I was up most of the night after that. Thankfully my DH stayed up with me and made sure I was ok until it seemed to wear off around 5 am. It seemed to have an opposite effect on me...has anyone else had this happen to them?
  2. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

some naturopath gave it to me 4 anxiety. it made my anxiety worse! im super sensitive to meds n natrual supplements too so i wasnt suprised
  3. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i tried it several times, since i treat with a lot of ayurveda meds and usually have good results.
    insomnia got worse and got very depressed, i am not usually battling with depression.
    i dont take it any more.

karina
  4. cct

cct Member

I have noticed (in my 20 years of taking supplements and herbs)that I can take one version of a supplement/herb from one supplier, but I cannot tolerate the same supplement/herb from another supplier.

It all has to do with the fillers and the capsules.

I took ashwaganda for a short while, then I bought a new brand and I could no longer take it. I thought that I had developed an intolerance to it.

Recently, I ordered ashwaganda from another (a third) supplier and I am doing very well with it.

I only take the aswaganda in the morning or early afternoon.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2007]
  5. dolphin67

dolphin67 New Member

Thank you all so much for your response. It really makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one to react badly to this. I was shaky all day yesterday, but am feeling much better today. I don't think I will be taking this again.