Has anyone had a liver ultrasound?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Mar 28, 2006.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

I am having one this morning, to check for fatty liver. My liver enzymes were elevated so my GI ordered the test.

I'll let ya know how I do. Going at 11am.

Michelle
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Test is totally painless but one of the worst experiences I have had in a long time. My liver enzymes were elavated too and my Rheumy ordered it. I took the results of the ultrasound to his office and he was reading the results and the radiologist clearly stated that he could not get a good look at my liver due to OBESITY! I almost cried and then he was going to send me for a cat scan, but my liver enzymes went down on their own.
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Just wanted to say HI and wish you well on your test...

Funny, I was thinking of you this morning too then got on and saw your post...

I have not had a liver ultrasound...Gastro wants to do a biopsy of my liver but I won't let him...tehe

My liver enzymes have been 'slightly' elevated for years and he now classifies it as a 'fatty liver'...

I recently read in that SCD book, that consistent 'slightly elevated liver enzymes' in those with IBD can be the link for CELIAC'S...

I had all my bloodwork done again after the Crohn's fiasco has finally subsided and found everything back to normal except for the pesky AST (SGOT), but it is always 58, for over 10 years...I think it's just stuck!!! Or absorbed most of the alcohol from my teenage years...tehe

He also tested me for Celiac's as per my request but did not believe it was an issue for me...I got theresults back and think they're ok, but don't know if I am reading them right so I will wait for him to read them...

Thank goodness my liver pain has gone away and the Crohn's is GONE again, no more meds, but I have never felt worse FMS wise...I was hoping the sunny, warm weather would force it into hiding, but no such luck...

Well, let us know how you do, try to force the result out of them as it's done and if they say they can't find it and make some snide comment like the previous poster experienced, whack em!!!

Good luck Honey, I am sure it will be fine...Thinking of you~Alicia
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

to come home from test...

It's 4:30 allready, where are you???

Hope all went well dear, let us know...

~Alicia
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

Sorry it took me so long to get back here. Afternoons get crazy some times!

Anyway I got there I was early AND preregistered so didn't have to wait, I had the test done and was out in 20 minutes. It wasn't bad at all. Didn't even have to disrobe! Compared to some of the painful, humiliating, invasive medical procedures I've had done in the past 6 months this was a breeze.

Doctor will call with the results.

For some reason my FM pain has been worse lately too. Is it a full moon, or do any of you think it's the weather? I mean, excruciatingly worse.

(((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

to the top.

Michelle
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Don't worry the ultra sound actually is soothing if anything.

Let us know your results.

Love anne C